2010 Tahoe Interior Swap into a 2002 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

quest51210

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Contact Nokturnal or Swift Car club they have national website and members

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
View attachment 68686 View attachment 68687 View attachment 68688 View attachment 68689 It's going to be a busy weekend but here's a little sneak peek of how fast and hard I've been working on this build... Everything from the headliner down to the carpet is getting a makeover... I wonder if anyone has tried to do this 01-06 to a 07-13 swap before and if so how far did they get... It'll be pretty kool to be the first one to accomplish a project like this... I have pics of everything I have done so far this weekend and I know I'll have even more by Sunday...
So I take it this is no longer your DD like you stated when you first started? If so youre pretty brave! Good work so far.

F1Cobra03

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Was this project ever finished? I'm thinking about swapping to newer power leather seats but not a full interior swap

That's exactly what I want to do. Have you started planning or working on it yet.

Cattivo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's all planned in my head but I haven't started on it as of yet. Spring is right around the corner and everything needs to come out anyway when I replace the interior carpet

OP
OP
I

Izusu472

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
IMG_3537.JPG IMG_3661.JPG IMG_3664.JPG IMG_4027.JPG Sorry for the long break and no updates... I have to check all the post that members left and reply back when I can get a chance too... I did finally finish the dash install and it came out perfect... I have to go through my pics and upload the good ones I have... I'm in the process of updating all my electrical and stereo system set up so the interior is partially in... The dash install was easy and I was able to use my 02 metal dash frame support... The biggest issue with the interior swap is the door panels... so far I dropped close to a grand trying to get the matching door panels to work... I have played around and destroyed the original 2011 door panels I had but I think I found a way to make them work... Just need to buy new ones since I destroyed the original ones I had trying to make them work... I'm a guru with electrical but there really isn't a way to get the instrument cluster for a 2011 to work with the 02... I came up with two options to have a working cluster... The 1st option Is Dashcommand using a OBD2 scan tool... I'm currently using this and it's been trial and error finding the best way to run this set up... The best way I found is using a iPad for your display and to run the app... it's also the fastest way to get your readings... The other option and I had to put finishing this project to the side for now is gutting a newer 2011 cluster and extend the contacts of your original clusters stepper motors to the 2011 cluster... it can be done and would look factory but it's time consuming and a very delicate process... Not to mention manually recalibrating the motors that would most likely never be totally accurate... There is a 3rd option but if you don't need a new engine there's no point to buy a new 07 engine to operate a newer ECU and PCU just so you can use a original instrument cluster for your newer dash lol...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645