2010 Tahoe Interior Swap into a 2002 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Izusu472

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
What's going on Forum... I'm new to the Forum and decided to test the waters to see if anyone would be interested if I started a build log attempting and showing my progress with converting my 2002 Chevy Tahoe interior to a more updated better looking 2007-2014 generation interior along with some other custom fabrications... I've searched all over the web to see if anyone has posted a blog or build with what I'm about to do and have found absolutely nothing on it... There could be a very logical reason for this like maybe its too hard or too expensive but I have already made up my mind and pulled the trigger on the project... This build is entirely about me and what I want my truck to look like so the only reason I would log my build and show the forum my progress is if there's people interested in seeing this build... I would welcome everyone's thoughts or ideas and hopefully this will turn out to be a successful fun project... To make this even more of a challenge this is my daily driver... If there an interest to see this project just leave a reply... I will be starting the build this weekend and have already gutted the inside except for a couple things I need to get around...

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to TYF. Interested to see pics and write up of you progress with this project. Keep a detailed build thread. You can see how I have organized mine, if you want an idea. It is your truck, so do what you like. Could be a cool swap going from NNBS to NBS. Haven't see it myself before.

I'm sure others will chime in, but hey man that's what this forum is about. Seeing trucks transform and unique, unparalleled ideas are always of interest. Good luck and keep us posted.

fiatdale

Houstons Best
Reaction score
Its been discussed many times. There have been a select few who have done a NNBS Escalade interior to a NBS pickup, but not many. Its a whole hell of a lot of work, especially when it comes down to electronics. Totally different protocols between the two trucks that do not interact the same way.

Personally, I think its dumb. I admire the drive to want to do it, and by all means prove me wrong, but I think you'll drive yourself insane by trying to get everything to work - as in AC controls, switches, etc.

Good luck though and by all means post your progress.

OP
OP
I

Izusu472

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for the greetings... This is my first time doing a build log... I'm always open to suggestions and help from the forums especially since I'll be doing this build alone... I moved away from my home state and unfortunately have not met any friends that share the same interest in my area... I have plenty of experience with customizing but I'm going into some uncharted waters lol... Who knows maybe I can meet some new friends around me who are memebers if this forum...

OP
OP
I

Izusu472

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Its been discussed many times. There have been a select few who have done a NNBS Escalade interior to a NBS pickup, but not many. Its a whole hell of a lot of work, especially when it comes down to electronics. Totally different protocols between the two trucks that do not interact the same way.

Personally, I think its dumb. I admire the drive to want to do it, and by all means prove me wrong, but I think you'll drive yourself insane by trying to get everything to work - as in AC controls, switches, etc.

Good luck though and by all means post your progress.

Thanks for the Luck I'm sure it will be needed... As for the electronics Im keeping everything analog... Even with my 20 years experience in the car audio field ( Getting paid by a company with taxes deducted ) there is nothing I have found that will allow analog to CAN... Im a master at wiring and 12v security is my specialty in the automotive electrical trade... Im going to try my hardest though to find a way to make OEM equipment work in the 2007-14 Generation along side with my 2002 Tahoe also I have a couple friends in the area that are mechanics for a GM dealership near me... I will have all access to schematics and diagrams for all Generation Tahoes... Relays are going to be the key to most of the electrical... This is also where the forum can give a helping hand if problems arise...

fiatdale

Houstons Best
Reaction score
Well just FYI - the GMT900 (07-14) LAN system has been around for over 10 years, and (hopefully someone can correct me if I'm wrong) but nobody has successfully put a 07-14 radio in a NBS and made it work correctly. Sure you can do aftermarket which is your easiest and best option, but as far as 100% factory appearance, it hasn't been done, but its been tried 1000000x times.

OP
OP
I

Izusu472

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Let me make sure I understand this... Nobody has been able to connect a 2007-2014 factory radio into a 2001-06 generation Tahoe?? I know that all the installs I have done where I installed a aftermarket radio into a 03 or newer year GM vehicle I had to use a special harness that would give me an accessory output for the aftermarket radio... If someone hacked up the harness thinking they new what they where doing I would have to grab the switched power from steering Colum wire harness coming from the ignition... I have access to some 07-14 year radios that I can play around with and see if I can get them to work on another vehicle... I haven't checked to see if there is a reversal harness for those year radios but I can solder leads to the board and make my own harness...

fiatdale

Houstons Best
Reaction score
If you can - all the more power to you, but in the 10 years its been out, I don't believe its ever been done. Mainly because of the Class 2 / LAN system difference. I know the guys who have done the NNBS Escalade dash in NBS trucks used an aftermarket headunit becasue of the issue.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14