2010 Chevy Tahoe Mods_The Wrap Up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Black_Yukon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I have a 2010 Chevy Tahoe LS 2WD, and I am living in Kuwait (middle east), and the summer here is really really hot. I wanna tune this baby a little bit. Headers, exhausts and breakes for later stage.

I went through all the 27 pages in this sub forum, and this is what I came to know regarding performance upgrades for chevys or cars in general:

CAI: Debates about performance, but most people tend to give good feedback about Volant. But the scoop is difficult to fit. Daniel from Volant, could you please help in this?

Throttle Body Spacers: Most if not all, say it is a paper wheight. One said Volant with Airaid TBS is a very good job.

Plugs: NGK iridium. However I went to their site, and did not find a part for my car !?

Plug wires: JBA maybe? I recall someone mentioned they cause problems, or cause engine hesitation or fluctuating RPM, something like this.

Chips: Various (Edge, Superchips, Performancechips and Black Bear Performance).

Appreciate your feedback guys, any ideas, additions or opinions? Many thanks,
Sherif

Sierkonblazer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Throttle body spacer, plus and plus wires are just a waste of money. Leave the plugs until they start giving you problems. As for the intake, AFE, Airraid and Volant are some choices you cant go wrong with. As for a tuner, I would try to get a custom tune if you could find a tuner locally, but if not, Edge and Superchips are good choices. I would look to getting an exhaust system following those mods, if not being you first mod.

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum... Dont have a NBS but ill do my best..

CAI- volant or k&N or AEM or Airaid all work good
TBS- dont even waste the money
Plugs- I usually ALWAYS stick to acdelcos besides in the fbody i run NGKs but thats about it. Just be sure to gap them right
Plugwires- MSD or taylor or something along those lines. JBA makes wires? i would never think about that company making me wires...
Chips or computer tunes- stick with blackbear and youll never be disappointed. .

EDIT- before the tune, its recommended that your change your plugs and wires (sierkonblazer).. plus after having how ever many miles on them, it wouldnt hurt since its a cheap insurance.. and Blackbear is Local if you can find them in your area.. check out the vendors page

Zed 71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This forum is super quiet, no comments, suggestions ??:gr_grin::gr_grin:

Well your questions have been asked many times... Although at least you searched.

- CAI: Not really a performance difference between brands. IMO get a closed box type.
- Throttle body spacer: Paper weight.
- Plugs and wires: AC Delco at time of required change.
- Exhaust: Just for sound.
- Tuning: Local dyno or BB. All other hand helds will be a dissapointment.
- Corvette servo.

Install those mods before tuning. Also perform maintenance.

Just my 2 cents.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
justjacks07

Latest posts