2009 Yukon Tow Haul Light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

martyvp

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2009 Yukon I just bought that has the 5.3L Flex Fuel engine and the 6 speed auto transmission. It has approx 200K miles. When I turn the ignition to on, the tow haul light does not light up on the RPM gauge when all the other indicator lights come on. Also, the tow haul switch does not appear to be doing anything. The +/- switch for when the transmission is in M do work, and change the indication on the gauge cluster.
I have not unplugged the orange cable coming down from the gear shift yet, but didn't want to go to deep until if I know if the Tow/Haul light on the RPM gauge should come on during the indicator light check on initial turn of the key to on.

Thanks in Advance
Marty

FYI, I posted this in the wrong part of the forum earlier (Interior), how do I go back and delete that?

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a 2009 Yukon I just bought that has the 5.3L Flex Fuel engine and the 6 speed auto transmission. It has approx 200K miles. When I turn the ignition to on, the tow haul light does not light up on the RPM gauge when all the other indicator lights come on. Also, the tow haul switch does not appear to be doing anything. The +/- switch for when the transmission is in M do work, and change the indication on the gauge cluster.
I have not unplugged the orange cable coming down from the gear shift yet, but didn't want to go to deep until if I know if the Tow/Haul light on the RPM gauge should come on during the indicator light check on initial turn of the key to on.

Thanks in Advance
Marty

FYI, I posted this in the wrong part of the forum earlier (Interior), how do I go back and delete that?
My tow/haul light doesn't come on with the ignition either, but it does illuminate when I switch it on. With tow/haul mode engaged you should experience later upshifts and earlier downshifts when slowing down, so that's one way to know if it's actually working even if the indicator isn't working.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019