2009 Yukon SLT or 2009 Escalade?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

laynlow

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
A buddy of mine likes my 2008 Yukon SLT and is looking to get a new ride. He is also looking at a 2009 Escalade which is approx 22k more then the 2009 Yukon SLT he located. I've been in only one Escalade and it was in the showroom. Is there that much of a difference in the Escalade to justify $22,000 dollars? Call me a cheap ass, but I'm not seeing it, but I could be missing something. . .

Let me know what you think!

Thanks

Last edited:

Tonygxp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was in that situation and actually had to spend the extra $$$ to get into my Denali from a '09 Tahoe LTZ. I don't think i would spend the difference between the denali to get into the Escalade for the minimal upgrades. Tell him to check the Denali's out. A class above the Tahoe/Yukon less blingy & more dignified then an Escalade for alot less $$$. just my $.02

Last edited:

07Denali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same situation when I bought my Denali. Esky was a lot more $ and I just could not justify the extra $10k over a Denali. The Yukon SLT and the Tahoe LTZ's were a bit cheaper, but noe that much. The reason to go with the Denali or Esky is very simple...........6.2L.

Coolade07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the new escalade headlights and led tails get all the girls ...and your favorite milf

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Escalades are great, it just depends on what all features that SLT has. I'd pick the Escalade IF it had a lot more features than that Yukon. I do like the softer seats in the Escalade though...

yukon07Artic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i say go for the yukon slt and with the money saved. shave all the emblems and moudling which is mostly free. get a new grille cost from 200~500 for a decent one. get some gangster rims. drop it, put a system in it. get escalade led tails. get hid from ddm from both fogs and head lamps for 150. get a intake aem, volant, whatever your fave is. get a decent navigation for about 500~1000. install corsa touring exhaust. black bear tune. and buy a crotch rocket and go have a nice dinner with your spouse or gf

dflawless

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Escalade if you can afford it. Denali if you cant. SLT if you cant afford Denali. Tahoe if you cannot afford Yukon.

Tonygxp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Escalades are great, it just depends on what all features that SLT has. I'd pick the Escalade IF it had a lot more features than that Yukon. I do like the softer seats in the Escalade though...

Nuance leather bro.. That's the seat difference in the Denali over the SLT & LTZ.. Caddy & the Denali have it the others don't. knew i wasn't crazy lol after alot of searching i found my answer:Handshake:..*edit. just did some more research about nuance leather and it appears to be just a scent made to smell like a new "sweet" leather that lasts for years, not months?? Whatever, my new truck seats are still softer than the LTZ's i had lol

here's a couple vids i found highlighting the denali's attributes, with some mention of the Esky's "rapper" persona.

all these vids are prety short, very informative.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pk-JU6fxyw&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozKYvwl6uO8&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYvpYs2zULY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5Es3Y-swfM&feature=related
you can't go wrong with either obviously but the question is and was? Money no object betweent he two? Escalade (if you like flash) Money being a factor? Denali perfect balance between luxury, $$$$, step above the norm.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700