2009 Tahoe Alternator Price

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

winmag45

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I got a price from my local shop for a new alternator, he wants $600 total. I believe he is marking up the parts as many do, but he wants $491 for the alternator. The thing is the Denso part number he gave me is going for $150- $225 from most places on the net search. Does this seem like too much or is it in the ball park???
Thanks to all.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that's craziness. you can buy a crazy billet aluminum aftermarket one for that much.

if you don't do the one above, and want a little more power output. the ones from the newest trucks are a direct bolt on. 220amp.

here's some posts about it.. he went a bit overboard with the fitment, you can just bolt it on and it's fine. part numbers are in the posts.

I don't personally have one on my truck since my truck doesn't use an alternator, but I did put on my c6 with some case mods and it's a solid upgrade over that stock one.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got a price from my local shop for a new alternator, he wants $600 total. I believe he is marking up the parts as many do, but he wants $491 for the alternator. The thing is the Denso part number he gave me is going for $150- $225 from most places on the net search. Does this seem like too much or is it in the ball park???
Thanks to all.
pfft. getting burned bad
go buy a basic tool set from walmart
buy a alternator from pretty much any auto parts store $150 (prob avergage price)
install the alternator yourself (free) takes about 20 minutes
return tool set to walmart
your cost $150
easy peasy
if you think it is difficult it's not, tons of youtube video's out there, my 8 year old could do it.
if you are concerned about how the serpentine belt is routed, just take a picture of it.

OP
OP
W

winmag45

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thank you for all of the replies. I will be going elswhere.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thank you for all of the replies. I will be going elswhere.
I figure a Honest independent shop will only get you for about $365
that's them getting the part at a discount, + small mark-up, plus labor
anything else is a upsell like a new serpentine belt, throttle body cleaning (while they have the intake off)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meandmyhoe20