2008 Yukon Denali, what lower valley pan gasket?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

02Lightning

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is a first design and a second design. How can I tell what one I have?

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is a first design and a second design. How can I tell what one I have?

There is like 5 different gaskets, I went through hell trying to find the right one for mine and lost a lot of money in the process too because they said they were non-returnable once they are out of the bag/box. I wound up having to buy a whole new friggin valley cover assembly because the gasket is riveted in place with the AFM solenoids. That was on a 5.3, don't know what you have there.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The benefit of going with a new valley cover, apart from the integrated gasket, is that you also get new o-rings built in to seal the AFM towers. Even though your engine doesn’t have AFM, the towers are still there, and rely on O-rings built into the valley pan to seal them.

OP
OP
02Lightning

02Lightning

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The benefit of going with a new valley cover, apart from the integrated gasket, is that you also get new o-rings built in to seal the AFM towers. Even though your engine doesn’t have AFM, the towers are still there, and rely on O-rings built into the valley pan to seal them.
The gasket kit came with new o-rings, so reused the old valley cover and replaced the perimeter seal and o-rings.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The gasket kit came with new o-rings, so reused the old valley cover and replaced the perimeter seal and o-rings.
Ah, awesome! I bought one once that did not. One of the reasons I no longer buy eBay parts. Lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts