2007 Tahoe LTZ - How is it holding up?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CHINO64

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I bought my LTZ in August of 2007. It had 24K on it. It was in service since APR of 06.

The first thing was the heated washer fluid issue. By the time the recall came out, my heated washer module had a blowned hole in it. Thanks for the other info guys, I will buy the aftermarket replacement soon. I called GM and they gave a 200.00 service credit. I found out now they are only give people 100.00 service credits.

The second thing that went wrong was the transmission at 38K, sprag clutch went out. GM should have put the 4L80E in it instead of the 4L60E. HD trucks have the 4L80E and maybe Suburbs. I can put a 4L80E in if I spend 5500.00 for a mod kit and since I have the 4 x 4, a spacer for the transfer case, new drive shaft will be needed. GM paid the dealer 1932.00 for this fix. I plan on installing better components after the warranty is up for the power train. 3200.00 upgrade, better sprag clutch, better steels, better seals, borg warner.

The third major thing that went wrong was the differential at 48K, which was two months ago. I told the dealer there was the noise in the drive line and they kept telling me warped front rotors, go fiure. I told them a drive shaft is hollow and it resonates a specific noise when there is binding or grinding. They decided to listen and put the truck on the rack and placed mics on the suspension and put the truck in gear. Yelp they found it. Carriage bearings and pinion bearing had to be replaced. That was after they told me turning the rotors will solve the problem. GM paid 867.00 for this fix

The fourth thing was the lumbar support, there is another post for that.
I paid 167.00 for this fix

If you ever hear rattling noise from the back of your Tahoe while driving, check the electrical connections for the rear defroster, for some reason they get loose and rattle and you are driving thinking there is something majorly loose, no, the connectors are housed in a plastic and they fricking rattle and will will bug the sheeet out of you.

Other then the aboved mentioned, everything is pretty smoothed so far. I protect the dash with a dash mat, weather tech floor mats and cargo area mat. I have mud flats, OEM ABS plastic. Custom two tone seat covers for the two front seats. I have second row captains and my third rows are out of the vehicle, eliminating weight. You guys did not know, it takes about, I say about 96% of a gallon of gas to move this vehicle and 4% to move you, got to love it.

quick66ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 07 LT 2WD and the rattle tip is one I am going to look into as I have one that is driving me nuts.

ThaHooch

Reaction score
I just bought an '07 Denali a week ago and recently found out that the heated washer fluid doesn't work...are they still fixing these under the recall?

Also, the aux input on the nav/stereo doesn't work...anyone know what the problem might be?

dsump

Reaction score
I just bought the Alphatherm for my 07 Yukon XL. It was plug and play and cost less than $70.00. I ordered it right from their website.

ThaHooch

Reaction score
Some one on the forum had this

http://www.alphathermusa.com/heatedwash-AT-37GM.html

If you take it to the dealer, they may totally disable it, instead go to the web
site and up grade it with the one they are selling

Great...thanks! I just checked under the hood and it looks like the dealer removed the wire harness and taped the loose wires together, so it won't quite be plug and play :emotions122:

Anyone know if someone sells the wiring harness, or am I going to have to cut and splice the wires? TIA

Double3

Reaction score
I just bought an 07 Tahoe LTZ 4 days ago.

So far so good haha.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marrickard76