2007 tahoe lift gate wont unlock

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

evan Neise

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys new to the site
I have used the search bar and google. But not much luck or help
My 2007 tahoe rear lift gate wont unlock fuses are good. No noise no relay clics nothing at all. It worked a month ago. The kids mom used it now it doesnt work. The rear glass still works as it should. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Duster50

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello...

Sorry for responding to an old post, but I can't find any answers. My 2007 Tahoe just started doing this yesterday. It worked two days ago, and yesterday I responded to a fire and couldn't open my lift-gate to get my fire gear out of the truck. It is identical to what you described...no clicking, no lock noise, nothing. The glass latch works just fine (ended up boosting my bag out through that...it sucked. I checked what fuses I could identify, and all good.

Did you ever get a resolution to your problem?

Thanks!

David

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't recall how to diagnose and make the repair but on the inside trim, there is a dimple in the plastic that you put a 1-1/16 hole saw against and drill through to access the latch mechanism so you can manually open it with a flat blade screwdriver. GM made a plug for it that ebay sellers are mighty proud of usually.

1657277724453.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bl74

Latest posts