2007 non Navi, add OEM Navi with Bose, or aftermarket? Android Headunits?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

04ctd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
found a Navi deck on ebay,
but it says it has BOSE.

my truck is a base LT model, without BOSE.
i want the big screen & to add a back up camera.

so....BOSE uses amps for each speaker, but my truck won't have those. so I think the OEM BOSE unit will be more pain than worth, because it will only hve RCA level outputs.

most of threads I found were 2006 and prior models

looks like $415 for an android headunit, what the heck are these?
http://www.ebay.com/sch/Vehicle-Electronics-GPS-/3270/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=android+radio+tahoe&_sop=15

why is this one $259?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/FOR-Chevrol...Radio-Super-/201309009003?hash=item2edef3b46b

timjohnson22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, the OEM Bose unit will be more of a pain plus you would have to make sure that their isn't a VIN # on the OME Bose unit or it will have to be reprogramed. Android headunits are just cheap. Remember you get what you pay for.

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Those ebay units look OEM that's why I like them a lot.

Be afraid to run one though. My freeze up on you like their cheap phones.

vt_hokie2008

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just installed a Pioneer 4100NEX, nice headunit with Android Auto and Apple Carplay built in. It's $625 plus harnesses etc.

OP
OP

04ctd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just installed a Pioneer 4100NEX, nice headunit with Android Auto and Apple Carplay built in. It's $625 plus harnesses etc.

good to know,
you knowledgeable guys chime in here & recommend a good head unit.

I hate buying a head unit & THEN reading that it is considered JUNK (had an AVIC D3 in my last truck :(

how many adapters did you need for the wiring & steering wheel controls, and the Bluetooth?

vt_hokie2008

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm loving the 4100nex so far. I've used it a ton with Android Auto using Google Maps, Spotify, Google Music and recently XM (through my phone, I don't have it otherwise). I'm using the built in headunit bluetooth as I didn't have it before with the Pioneer microphone and that's working well.

I've noticed a few bugs or maybe just issues with my headunit. I'm planning to call Pioneer and see what's up, but the rear view camera only seems to switch on occasionally instead of every time I put the vehicle in reverse. My steering wheel controls worked fine for 2 weeks and then magically stopped, so I've gotta look into that. I can get you my parts list for my 07 with Bose, without nav, without bluetooth.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 11:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 PM ----------

http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/forum/showthread.php?p=923141

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia