2007 GMC Denali stalls after towing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This has happened to me 3 times in the past 5 weeks. Glad I found this thread. I have the '08 L92 6.2L. Each time would be towing in about 81-83F temp and come to idle at a stop. First time I was on the interstate... in rush hour... in a construction zone (and stop and go for a mile) against the left side temporary wall. Had to be towed out on flatbed with trailer towed behind it. Happened twice yesterday and would restart after 25-40 minutes. I bought a set of tools to keep in the truck (now that it has 139K and wants to be ******), will go replace the fuel pump relay for the hell of it... but my $$$ is on the crank position sensor. I want to know how an at home mechanic did the CPS relearn procedure after replacing it???? No injector pulse sounds exactly like what was going on....
takes about 10 seconds to do the relearn with a tech2, snap-on, etc

oldtimer

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I had similar issues. The final fix was replacing the CPS connector (plug with pigtails).
The added length of wire allowed the mechanic to route wires a little farther from manifold heat source.

2021-09-27_164500.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar