2006 Tahoe Console Delete

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

elepere

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am looking at buying a Tahoe that has the RPO code of center console deleted and with rubber floor instead of carpet. A fleet vehicle originally for a college. I assume that putting in carpet is not that hard. But adding a console? I can find the console and the mounting bracket from a used donor I am sure of. And the part that mount under the dash in front of the console. My main concern is if the wiring connections may still exist under the dash and can be attached.

Or am I betting off skipping on this vehicle and just find one already with the center console?

Marky Dissod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am looking at buying a Tahoe that has the RPO code of center console deleted and with rubber floor instead of carpet.
You lucky bastaducci - easiest interior to (keep) clean, by far.
SOMEONE will want that rubber floor. If no one else, then me - so please let me know?

If you're in love with the center console, it's likely the center console's wiring harness is also available.

But why add a center console,
when you could add a center seat with more storage space than the console if/when you don't use it as a seat?
Your right leg gains SO MUCH lateral leg room.
(I drive with my left foot and put my right leg up or to the side sometimes.)

OP
OP
E

elepere

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. The Tahoe only has75k miles on it . I didn't think about the cleaning aspect. every vehicle I have ever owned I have put Weathertech or something similar to collect all the dirt and liquids getting tracked in.

Last edited:

strutaeng

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I deleted the center console on my 06 Suburban. I'm not a fan of consoles and have kids so the jump seat is much better for us.

Mine had the Bose amplifier/subwoofer option in the console, so I also replaced the factory stereo with an aftermarket version (had to figure out how to "jump" the speaker wires on the harness.) I kept everything in case I sell the truck and want to put everything back like it was. I did have to get the dash glovebox and kick panel from a truck w/o the console.

You probably don't have that stereo if it's a basic trim truck, so won't have to worry about all that stuff.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
there is nothing to "wire up" or plug in but maybe a cigarette power port which is EASILY done.

tooleyondeck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is s super easy mod, and I recently did it in my 00 Silverado which is basically the same. You will need the following:

Center console (obviously)
Lower passenger-side dash trim (that encompasses the glovebox)
Lower driver-side dash trim (kick panel under the steering wheel)

Make sure you get the bracket for the center that the console bolts into (should be x2 10mm bolts)

Wiring connections for 12v outlets are a direct swap, but the console will have 2 instead of 3.

silverado console.jpeg

Marky Dissod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. The Tahoe only has75k miles on it . I didn't think about the cleaning aspect.
Every vehicle I've ever owned I've put Weathertech or similar to collect all the dirt and liquids getting tracked in.
All my previous vehicles were Caprice 9C1s. ALWAYS preferred rubber floors - just be sure to clean them so they are NOT slippery, or slapstick becomes potentially dangerous.
Rubber floors (grippy) should be an OE alternative option in EVERY GOTTDAMNT VEHICLE, in my opinion.
Husky seems to be this forum's preferred floor liner for GMT800 & GMT900.
You can put the floor liners right over the rubber floor, just like you would cover the carpet.

And like I said, you don't HAVE to use a pickup truck's center seat like a center seat.
When used as a center console, it has MORE storage.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeSexingStick