2006 Rear Window Trim

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got super lucky this week. Had about 6 NBS Tahoe/Suburbans to choose from in the same yard that had not been picked to death yet nor destroyed by the weather yet. Let me know if you are after something specific and I'll keep an eye out. Sorry to thread jack.

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an 06 Denali and I want an 05 rear window. I hate having the handle bolted through the glass on the rear hatch. I want the smooth glass to match my Roll pan and shaved rear wiper...

Just my .02. I've thought about removing my handle too when I took it off to paint and clear it the first time. I did use plugs when I took off the rear wiper and the OnStar antenna. Plugs or the threaded panel screws work really well, siliconed in place and backed with a nylon washer on the inside, makes for a tight, waterproof seal. Not as ultimately clean as a true shave or replacement glass or panel, but a whole lot cheaper and still achieves the smooth look. Even for us OCD types about our trucks, I can deal with the plugs, better than the wiper or antenna.

Hmmm...maybe I'll just pull that handle off and give it a try....

@Shadow711

IMG_6225.JPG

Shadow711

Reaction score
Just my .02. I've thought about removing my handle too when I took it off to paint and clear it the first time. I did use plugs when I took off the rear wiper and the OnStar antenna. Plugs or the threaded panel screws work really well, siliconed in place and backed with a nylon washer on the inside, makes for a tight, waterproof seal. Not as ultimately clean as a true shave or replacement glass or panel, but a whole lot cheaper and still achieves the smooth look. Even for us OCD types about our trucks, I can deal with the plugs, better than the wiper or antenna.

@Shadow711

View attachment 60341
I started messing with the nut on the inside of the handle and it's kinda rusty. I'll look more into it. Plugs would work for now :)

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score

@Shadow711

View attachment 60341

I gotta do this. Purposely went through all of winter without using my rear wiper just to see if I really need it in my life and guess what.......I do not. A removal and an eventual shaving in the near future :)

Shadow711

Reaction score
I gotta do this. Purposely went through all of winter without using my rear wiper just to see if I really need it in my life and guess what.......I do not. A removal and an eventual shaving in the near future :)
DO IT! It looks awesome. This is an old pic, no more stickers or exhaust tips showing, but it's shortly after I had the shave done.

image.jpeg

timinsac

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
anybody know how to remove the 3rd brake light trim on an 05 denali? id rather not take the glass off to paint it.

OHSIXX

Supporting Member
Reaction score
anybody know how to remove the 3rd brake light trim on an 05 denali? id rather not take the glass off to paint it.

If it looks like the one pictured above then its pretty easy....there are 3 screws at the top that need to come off from the inside of the glass. There is 3M tape along the bottom edge that needs to be pryed up carefully as to not crease the trim. Also at the top when you go to remove it the trim kinda hooks into place-hard to describe but you will see after you get the bottom loose. After you paint it just pick up some new red 3M tape and you are set. That is how I did mine.....

full

@timinsac

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
DO IT! It looks awesome. This is an old pic, no more stickers or exhaust tips showing, but it's shortly after I had the shave done.

View attachment 60409

Well I have the famous tailgate corrosion spots on mine :(. Contemplating on fixing the corrosion and repaint like factory or shave it all, and my conclusion is its a good excuse and opportunity to shave it all!!!! :Big Laugh:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz