2005 tahoe p0300 HELP! With freeze frame and mf data

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bjsetz89gt

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I have an 05 tahoe, t vin 5.3 w/o get system with a p0300. The misfire is happening at idle, then goes away completely over 1200 rpm. Bank 1 is leaning out, and ltft b1 reads high at idle and drops when driving.
Here's my freeze frame:

Fuel Status = 0 byte
Engine Load = 19.608 %
Engine Coolant Temperature = 197.6 °F
Fuel Trim Bank 1 Short Term = 0 %
Fuel Trim Bank 1 Long Term = 12.5 %
Fuel Trim Bank 2 Short Term = 0 %
Fuel Trim Bank 2 Long Term = 8.594 %
Intake Manifold Pressure = 5.221 psi
Engine RPM = 632 rpm
Speed (OBD) = 0 mph
Timing Advance = 17 °
Intake Air Temperature = 96.8 °F
Mass Air Flow Rate = 5.82 g/s
Throttle Position(Manifold) = 12.157 %

Fuel pressure is at 48 key on engine off, and jumps to 58 at idle.
Cleaned maf and throttle body, inspected the bank 1 injectors (clean), vacuum is at 18.7 and I can't find a leak, compression test is good too, lowest was 159, and highest was 166. Been doing all the diag work myself, but I'm not all up on how to interpret it. Could anyone make anything out of this?

Attached misfire data from after I replaced both upstream o2 sensors

Screenshot_20170611-173227.png

OP
OP
B

Bjsetz89gt

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Common problem, but no. Sprayed carb cleaner around the intake and all the vacuum hoses.
forgot to mention it has new acdelco plugs, and tried switching coils and wires on the missing cyls and misses stayed put.

I watched my o2 graphs today and bank 1 and 2 are jumping rich to lean like normal, but both downstreams are reading rich (like .8-.9v). Do the downstreams have any control on injector pulse on these?

bottomline2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Common problem, but no. Sprayed carb cleaner around the intake and all the vacuum hoses.
forgot to mention it has new acdelco plugs, and tried switching coils and wires on the missing cyls and misses stayed put.

I watched my o2 graphs today and bank 1 and 2 are jumping rich to lean like normal, but both downstreams are reading rich (like .8-.9v). Do the downstreams have any control on injector pulse on these?
A lot of people have tried the carb spray and i cant say ive seen that sppray test work on our trucks. Rear sensors just monitor the condition of the cats. Long shot but have the cats been tested? My ltft were maxed out when I had bad cats. Maybe yours are starting to clog?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T377A using Tapatalk

OP
OP
B

Bjsetz89gt

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I haven't had the cats actually tested, but I have an ir thermometer and figured them good just off the temp readings at the front and back. It was actually the first thing I thought when it threw o2 codes with the 300 at first. But that was just a dead sensor and the 0153 hasn't come back.

As far as the intake gasket, is it possible to have a bad gasket and still get good vacuum tests? Even the old cigar trick turned out good...

M1Gunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would be willing to say that cyl. 1 miss is due to cyl. 7. Have you check injector pulse to inj. 7?

OP
OP
B

Bjsetz89gt

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I tried checking the pulse. Torque pro won't pick it up with the pid' s for maybe this tahoe? Would a noid like work as well?

On another note, ran a can of seafoam through the intake and saw an improvement. My cyl1 misfires seem to be gone, and cyl 7 misfires are down from around 100 per "cycle" to about 30 or 35. Definite improvement. Is it worth it to run another can through?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia

Latest posts