2005 Denali Bose wiring/OEM Nav video input

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Soma1975

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Can anyone provide me with the wiring for my 2005 Denali Bose (Nav/XM/external 6 disc)? Anyone have the wiring for the OEM RSE?

I installed the XM bypass MP3 jack this week and it is a simple no frills solution for now. I will eventually add a iphone audio/charging adapter.

I am wanting to add the VSS cutout switch. Can some one provide me a picture/pinout of the connector?

I am also looking for info on hacking the RSE video to put it up front. What's the best method for this?

Thx

Paul

TailHook

Tattooed Millionaire
Reaction score
Here's something that might help...

...I have another doc that outlines the connectors on the back of the radio as well, but it is too big to post here...I can email that one to you.

Attachments

• UQ7 Wiring Schematic.jpg
    UQ7 Wiring Schematic.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 175
  • Rear DVD Schematic.jpg
    Rear DVD Schematic.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 115
OP
OP
S

Soma1975

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks !

My email is amosph at gmail dot com

Paul, Wichita KS
05 Denali

---------- Post added at 04:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:11 PM ----------

Have higher res of the two you sent already?

thx

PA

riso79

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would love an email of those docs and the 2 wiring schematics you have too. I am trying to do this too. please send to [email protected]

TailHook

Tattooed Millionaire
Reaction score
Email away...also sent higher resolution images of those I posted here.

riso79

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got it, thank you.

Took a stab at it today and the colors were off from what i had for the factory overhead DVD but I found the wire needed.

ISSUE: for whatever reason I cannot get the 2 monitor to play without it cutting in and out. I even out a video amplifier on the video signal coming from the DVD and still get cut out on the auxilary monitor. Any thoughts why this would be? Factory monitor is fine. Converted that to an RCA plug and all so it running through the video amp too.

TailHook

Tattooed Millionaire
Reaction score
Took a stab at it today and the colors were off from what i had for the factory overhead DVD but I found the wire needed.

Thinking the diagrams are '04-? I never got around to doing the mod myself, so I can't speak to the color accuracy...

ISSUE: for whatever reason I cannot get the 2 monitor to play without it cutting in and out. I even out a video amplifier on the video signal coming from the DVD and still get cut out on the auxilary monitor. Any thoughts why this would be? Factory monitor is fine. Converted that to an RCA plug and all so it running through the video amp too.

All of the grounds are squared away? Video, as you know, can be touchy like that...