2003 GMC Yukon Brake Probleem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gusthegreek

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Although i just replaced all my lines myself instead of attempting a repair with either the correct flare fitting of the non flare incorrect fitting, i have seen many cars that have
the incorrect fitting installed and many local mechanics still install these when small pieces of brake line need to be replaced.
Is there any study or experiment to show the failure rate what are the actual maximum psi a non flared fitting properly installed can withstand before it fails?

SnowDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Washington. The desert side not the Starbucks side
Could you provide details on your repair?

As to compression fittings: It's a nono. Illegal in numerous states and grounds for an immediate failed inspection. The thing about compression fittings on brake lines, is they're exposed to the elements. As opposed to having a flare that provides an interference mechanical fit, compression fittings are friction based and any corrosion will cause the joint to fail.

If you absolutely need to splice a line for god knows whatever reason, use a double flared union.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz