2002 Tahoe ABS codes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

webslingers

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just bought a 2002 Tahoe and the brake and abs lights are on. I scanned it with an abs scanner and got the following codes. Any help is appreciated on what they mean and what steps I should take to fix them. Thanks!!

C0222 Right Front Wheel Speed Sensor Signal Missing
C0226 Right Front Solenoid Circuit Malfunction
C0241 PCM Indicated Requested Torque Malfunction
C0242 PCM Indicated TCS Malfunction
C0245 Wheel Speed Sensor Frequency Error
C0246 Right Rear Solenoid Circuit Malfunction
C0251 Left Front Wheel Speed Sen. Ckt. Open or Short
C0252 Active Brake Control Sensors Uncorrelated
C0265 Solenoid Valve Relay Circuit

Tahoe0159

Reaction score
The C0265 indicates the ABS controller is likely defective or you may have a bad ground connection, or both.

The link posted above takes you to a thread where that code and a fix is discussed.

Assuming the controller module is bad (very likely) the other codes listed are probably spurious and can be ingored, but the the controller should be fixed.

There are videos on youtube showing how to fix the module or you can send it off to a repair place, and they will fix it for $50-$150.

I think the OEM price on a replacement is $600-$800, so nearly everybody does a refurb. Its lots cheaper and if done correctly, seems to last without further problems for most folks.

After you get the controller working again, then do an ABS code reset and see what codes are generated. That may clear all the others.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golavaman