2001 Yukon 2 DC XLm2 18" 5k watts tuned low:)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
01yukonslt

01yukonslt

need more deebeeeez!
Reaction score
and BOOM!
166753_10200878655955044_1024143875_n.jpg

OP
OP
01yukonslt

01yukonslt

need more deebeeeez!
Reaction score
I had some issues months ago with my fuses popping and running on only about 10-11 volts off batts i think that caused some real damage then i reinforced the box and sealed my rea hatch and showed them some real power and the one sub let go with barely any volume.. as black as the coil was i could tell it was an old problem that had been going on for awhile.. not 100% sure the song i was playing wasnt clipped when it let go either.. i know a few others that have lost subs on the same song..

EMF Audio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had some issues months ago with my fuses popping and running on only about 10-11 volts off batts i think that caused some real damage then i reinforced the box and sealed my rea hatch and showed them some real power and the one sub let go with barely any volume.. as black as the coil was i could tell it was an old problem that had been going on for awhile.. not 100% sure the song i was playing wasnt clipped when it let go either.. i know a few others that have lost subs on the same song..

Maybe the problem is the subs if you're blowing them on not much power and killing them more than once.

matt14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What song was it. you can check on windows media player through the scope visualization to see if any clipping is in the songs

OP
OP
01yukonslt

01yukonslt

need more deebeeeez!
Reaction score
this is the first sub ive ever blown giving them over rms rating and almost a year play time.. daily beating the shit out of them i doubt this is a sub issue EMF Audio

EMF Audio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
this is the first sub ive ever blown giving them over rms rating and almost a year play time.. daily beating the shit out of them i doubt this is a sub issue EMF Audio

I misread what you said, I thought it said you've lost other subs, not others have lost subs.

OP
OP
01yukonslt

01yukonslt

need more deebeeeez!
Reaction score
for sure dude i have one sub on the 5k at the moment and have yet to get it smelly or hear any weird noises it seems to be doing well.