2" vs 3" spindles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
I know @NORCAL SS is the guy with all the answers around here when it comes to suspension, so maybe he will chime in.

My question is. Can anyone confirm the existence of a 3" drop spindles and supply a part number?

I know Belltech lists 2 part numbers for our trucks but they both are claimed to be 2" drop spindles. One of them says for 3" or more drop, so I assume maybe they are cast with slightly more positive camber where the hub bolts up, but that is just a guess.

The part numbers I have seen are

2511 which states "Belltech Drop Spindles offer a 2 or sometimes 3 inch drop, depending on the application, while also improving handling and retaining factory ride quality.07-15 Chevrolet Silverado/Sierra (1/2 Ton, All Cabs) 07-14 Tahoe, Suburban, Avalanche (2WD) For use with 3" or more drop only 2" Drop Spindle"
Notes
  • AT: Minimum Wheel size 17"
  • HH: Designed to be use with min 3" or lower application

2509 which states "Belltech Drop Spindles offer a 2 or sometimes 3 inch drop, depending on the application, while also improving handling and retaining factory ride quality.07-15 Chevrolet Silverado/Sierra (1/2 Ton, All Cabs) 07-14 Tahoe, Suburban, Avalanche (2WD/4WD) 2" Drop Spindle"
Notes
  • AT: Minimum Wheel size 17"
So what's the real deal... is there another spindle available that will give a guaranteed 3" drop or is it just a crap shoot as to what you end up with?

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
No there is not a 3 inch spindle out.

The spindle 2511 is for more then 2 inch drop since the angles are diffetent on that spindle so aligns easier and better balljoint angles

OP
OP
kbuskill

kbuskill

Reaction score
No there is not a 3 inch spindle out.

The spindle 2511 is for more then 2 inch drop since the angles are diffetent on that spindle so aligns easier and better balljoint angles

So in your experience, when it says
"Belltech Drop Spindles offer a 2 or sometimes 3 inch drop,depending on the application" when does the 3" drop apply... in what application?

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had e-mailed bell tech about this in preparation of installing mine.

3" does not apply to our models/application. Pretty much, they only offer a 2" drop spindle for us. Its just something they have to put in the ad for some reason I cant quite remember right now.

OP
OP
kbuskill

kbuskill

Reaction score
That's to bad... I was hoping I could get 3" with just spindles.

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was hoping for the same.
It's kind of ridiculous for them to have to write that, at least for our applications, considering it is only for a 2" drop.

67RS427

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did their spindles and drop struts on my Denali build. Love them, handles like a sports car...

OP
OP
kbuskill

kbuskill

Reaction score
I did their spindles and drop struts on my Denali build. Love them, handles like a sports car...

How low did you go?

I am strongly considering a 4/6 but it is my wife's daily driver and I don't want to cause any issues with the comfort of the ride.

67RS427

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How low did you go?

I am strongly considering a 4/6 but it is my wife's daily driver and I don't want to cause any issues with the comfort of the ride.
I don't know exactly how low the front was because the air ride was blown out and wasn't sitting level to begin with... I would say I'm lowered 3.5" up front and 4" in the back. Perfect if you ask me with my tire/wheel combo... I thought about going a little lower but I'm in Michigan and we get snow. At this height I also have NO problems pulling into parking spots (doesn't hit the concrete barriers in most cases)

IMG_1528.JPG IMG_1615.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BWASTEEZE