2.5/1 level Rear end sagging

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zachary barnett

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I have a 2010 Yukon Denali XL. I have installed a suspension maxx 2.5/1 leveling kit a couple of months ago. my question is why is it higher in the front sometimes and other times it's lower in the front. I do not like the cali lift. Is there any way to keep it from sagging in the back? what's odd to me is it's not always the same. Just the other day i measured the front at about 37" and the rear was 38.5" which is how i want it and other days it measures at about an inch half an inch higher in the front. I will try and post some pictures whenever I can.

fireburban

Reaction score
My guess is you have failing air ride shocks and or compressor. There is no way the front changes in height, but the rear could if the air ride system is failing,

fireburban

Reaction score
Can you hear the compressor? It was noticeable during the start up on mine. Could start it up and just get under and feel if the air shocks are firm or not.

fireburban

Reaction score
Ok, do the bags on the air shocks have air in them, or does it rise during initial start up?

Also might want to check your leveling vales on each side. Located on the trailing arms. Thinking if the compressor works, and the shocks get air, maybe the leveling valves aren't working properly. Maybe just one side, and it's the side you notice the change in height??

Just ideas...

OP
OP
zachary barnett

zachary barnett

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ok, do the bags on the air shocks have air in them, or does it rise during initial start up?

Also might want to check your leveling vales on each side. Located on the trailing arms. Thinking if the compressor works, and the shocks get air, maybe the leveling valves aren't working properly. Maybe just one side, and it's the side you notice the change in height??

Just ideas...
Hmm. I will check the shocks and see if they are getting air. It is both sides that are low i have brackets that move the rods to stock so the auto ride should not be affected in anyway from the level kit

ford141

Reaction score
Curious to see some before/after pics of the lift if you can post them up.

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you relocate the shock mounting point? Not sure an inch lift needs it but worth checking.

OP
OP
zachary barnett

zachary barnett

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Did you relocate the shock mounting point? Not sure an inch lift needs it but worth checking.
yes i did 2.5 inches up front and 1 inch in the back. the kit came with a bracket for the front and rear to move the auto ride back to stock position.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
griffey_mojo