1999 Tahoe Rear Diff Upgrade?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RAWVORTEC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have noise from my rear diff coming from bad pinion bearings. While I have it apart, should anything other than upgrade all the bearings be done? Trutrac is too much right now!

TigerEyz3

Slow and Steady
Reaction score
Personally, I'd find a way to swap out the diff itself (while you're in there). There are other options besides the TruTrac that may be more in your budget. Seems like a lot of effort to be "in the area" and not fix a known component of failure. That said, bearings and seals are a must replace in my book. When I had my diff replaced a few years ago (needed new bearings and axles), I replaced the diff cover (had a leak in the factory one). Looking back, I should have replaced my gears and pinion while I was in there (I've got pinion noise now, too). Lesson I've learned... replace as much as possible at once (with quality parts) when in an area that is complex/difficult to get to. You'll save in the long run.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom McCormick