1998 Tahoe 5.7 Fuel Economy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gpracer1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks. any mileage reading to go with those numbers.

---------- Post added at 07:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:17 PM ----------

Also anybody else with these numbers as well for your vehicles.

At steady 60 mph I get 21.5, with AC on 20.0 mpg. @55 psi fuel pressure.

99TanHoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
At steady 60 mph I get 21.5, with AC on 20.0 mpg. @55 psi fuel pressure.

Sounds like you have an in-cab gauge to be able to report those numbers. Any chance you could post a picture of the under-hood connection and/or anything else relevant to the setup. I would like to get in-cab indication also. A comparison of my numbers verses yours may be interesting and helpful to others since my motor is totally stock and yours is so heavily modded.

gpracer1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like you have an in-cab gauge to be able to report those numbers. Any chance you could post a picture of the under-hood connection and/or anything else relevant to the setup. I would like to get in-cab indication also. A comparison of my numbers verses yours may be interesting and helpful to others since my motor is totally stock and yours is so heavily modded.

Do a search for ultra gauge on here, I have pics.
BTW there is no way you are going to get anywhere near that mileage with huge tires and a lift. Too much aero drag and turning those big tires robs the hp.

An equally important question for you all is how much timing are you guys at while at cruise/good mileage? I know it depends on the ambient temps, but that is where good gas mileage is made.

So at 65 cruising on the freeway with 91 ambient and 93 intake air temp Im at 34.5-36 degrees timing.

Last edited:

99TanHoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do a search for ultra gauge on here, I have pics.
BTW there is no way you are going to get anywhere near that mileage with huge tires and a lift. Too much aero drag and turning those big tires robs the hp.

An equally important question for you all is how much timing are you guys at while at cruise/good mileage? I know it depends on the ambient temps, but that is where good gas mileage is made.

So at 65 cruising on the freeway with 91 ambient and 93 intake air temp Im at 34.5-36 degrees timing.

Believe me, I had no illusions of getting the kind of mpg your getting. What I meant about comparing your numbers to my numbers was just the fuel pressure difference between my stock and your modded motor.

Is your ultra gauge returning fuel pressure? My Scangauge has the capability to report fuel pressure but for some reason it isn't able to obtain it. I just assumed our older Hoe's weren't capable of supplying fuel pressure from their computers, which is why I also assumed that you were getting it from some other source.

A while back I had checked out your Ultragauge thread but I didn't notice the fuel pressure, I'll have to take another look.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laurents10