18 Tahoe Exhaust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Just got my first new rig since 05. Have installed K&N cold air intake and its humming. Want some advice regarding exhaust systems. Had cold air on my previous Yukon and prior Tahoe but not sure all the options regarding exhaust systems out there. Borla? MagnaFlow? Looking for the HP and MPG increase but am wary of the drone and am not interested in blasting out decibels. Have any advice about getting the performance without have to blow everyone out?

chicagofan00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Corsa hands down. Sounds amazing on a cold start, then settles down nicely and no drone.

Agent WD-40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m a big fan of the GM Accessories Borla system. Similar in tone to Borla touring - smooth deep sound, no drone. Noticable upgrade over stock but not too loud (probably too quiet for some). Has a flapper to minimize the annoying sound when the engine kicks into 4 cylinder mode.

I love the sound of Corsa but they don’t have a flapper valve so not sure how the truck sounds in 4 cylinder mode. I had Corsa on my 2012 and love the no drone sound but it annoyed me when it went into 4 cylinder mode. I tuned out 4 cyl operation which solved this problem for me on the 12.

I personally prefer the slightly deeper tone of the Borla to the Corsa but that is personal preference.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar