'17 Yukon Denali w/65k miles.. Thinking of buying

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Technologic80

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey folks... I am thinking about replacing my 2008 Saab 9-7x 5.3i with a 2017 Yukon Denali. A dealership is selling it, and it is pretty clean! 65k miles, HUD, pretty solid maintenance records (Oil changes every 5k miles). No alarming issues on the carfax/service history.

Just introducing myself, and looking for insight on any "common issues" I should look for before buying it, so the Dealership can fix them. I appreciate any tips!

Denali.jpg

OP
OP
T

Technologic80

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just got rid of my 2006 Saab 9-7x. How many miles on it?
Yeah, it will be hard for me to part with it... I've e-fanned it, tuned it slightly. Has newer Michelins on it, 151,000 miles on the Saab. 65k on the Yukon. I also moderate one of the 9-7x FB fan pages, lol. The only reason I am selling it is because I have 8 vehicles currently :superhack:

Last edited:

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey folks... I am thinking about replacing my 2008 Saab 9-7x 5.3i with a 2017 Yukon Denali. A dealership is selling it, and it is pretty clean! 65k miles, HUD, pretty solid maintenance records (Oil changes every 5k miles). No alarming issues on the carfax/service history.

Just introducing myself, and looking for insight on any "common issues" I should look for before buying it, so the Dealership can fix them. I appreciate any tips!

View attachment 406895
Welcome from Miami Beach&NYC!

I would have a independent mechanic check it out from top to bottom just to be sure even though service records were excellent. But that is just me.

OP
OP
T

Technologic80

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Should I buy an extended warranty? With 65,000 miles, it is just over the 60k mile powertrain warranty from GM.

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome from WI

They are great trucks. I bought a CPO 2017 in 2019 with 41k. Bought the extended warranty because it was offered at a ridiculously low price. It paid off for a radio/climate unit, front struts, trans flush to correct fluid due to shudder, LH rear LED tail light, driver alert seat buzzer, and oil cooler lines, along with GM goodwill on two 22 inch wheels that had flaking coating.

We now have 138K on it and it's been very good to us. Just have it looked over by a good mechanic. Also, see what the service records say has been done other than LOF.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Go for it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrSpork