'13 Yukon Xl 6.2 transmission issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
H

helpmedad

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
But yes, I miss a manual more then ever now. No fourth? Great, good thing I got 6 gears lmao.

OP
OP
H

helpmedad

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Please post a link to where you're seeing remanufactured 6L80s being offered for $2500. If that's truely the price, it would be, by far, the cheapest ive ever seen and borders on flat rate pricing.

Most reputable reman units cost between $3500-4500 or so depending on what's going into them (and there's quite a lot - for an idea, visit me 6L80 info thread via the link in my sig).
I was about 15 mins into browsing lol I maybe be very wrong.

OP
OP
H

helpmedad

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Called a shop I found on certified transmissions website . A couple hours away from me

• $2781 out the door on the reman. (12 month 12k mi warranty)

•$3430 out the door on reman. (3 year 100k warranty)

$1600 on install and re program

Add tax

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was looking at remans @ rougly 2.5k. Imagine labor would be the same maybe 3k. Midwest where manual labor ain't crazy. All else fails I got a floor jack and 2x4's. Worked In a 360 dodge 2500. Heavy and scary but it worked.

if it's a 2wd, eh I'd drop it myself on my back but a 4wd fml with a lift haha.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Called a shop I found on certified transmissions website . A couple hours away from me

• $2781 out the door on the reman. (12 month 12k mi warranty)

•$3430 out the door on reman. (3 year 100k warranty)

$1600 on install and re program

Add tax
You in Oklahoma?

NickTransmissions

Sin City
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Never heard of those people but that's not important...What is important is their transmission's build profile (ie what exactly goes into their transmissions, parts and procedures). Anyone can look at a number but you'll never know if you're comparing apples to apples unless you dig a little deeper. Additionally, anybody can put whatever vague marketing verbiage on a website that alludes to a well-executed rebuild or remanufacture but do they actually deliver on those promises?

Who knows...here's a bit of what I saw via that link
1693426474515.png

They are quoting ~$2500 or so for a 'Remanufactured Transmission' but selling three different classes of transmission: Remans, Rebuilt and Used. Which of those three classes is associated w/that price? And what comes installed? Do they provide a TC w/ a half decent converter clutch? If that price is for a remain unit, what's the price and profile for a 'Rebuilt' transmission? What about 'Used' - are they practically giving those away? If so, I'm in for a truckload...

Those are the things I'd want to know before I'd even think of laying down any money.
Maybe they're on the up and up, maybe not but wont' know until you (or whomever) asks.

If you've already called, got a list of all parts installed, procedures, etc and everything more or less matches my parts list (which is industry standard for these units in terms of addressing pattern failures, design flaws and materials weaknesses) then you found a diamond in the rough.

And this is for anyone else reading this and also contemplating a new, reman or rebuilt transmission...Can't stress enough how important it is to compare apples to apples and be sure that what you would be paying is worth it relative to known, reputable suppliers/remanufactures like GM.

OP
OP
H

helpmedad

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Never heard of those people but that's not important...What is important is their transmission's build profile (ie what exactly goes into their transmissions, parts and procedures). Anyone can look at a number but you'll never know if you're comparing apples to apples unless you dig a little deeper. Additionally, anybody can put whatever vague marketing verbiage on a website that alludes to a well-executed rebuild or remanufacture but do they actually deliver on those promises?

Who knows...here's a bit of what I saw via that link
View attachment 407334

They are quoting ~$2500 or so for a 'Remanufactured Transmission' but selling three different classes of transmission: Remans, Rebuilt and Used. Which of those three classes is associated w/that price? And what comes installed? Do they provide a TC w/ a half decent converter clutch? If that price is for a remain unit, what's the price and profile for a 'Rebuilt' transmission? What about 'Used' - are they practically giving those away? If so, I'm in for a truckload...

Those are the things I'd want to know before I'd even think of laying down any money.
Maybe they're on the up and up, maybe not but wont' know until you (or whomever) asks.

If you've already called, got a list of all parts installed, procedures, etc and everything more or less matches my parts list (which is industry standard for these units in terms of addressing pattern failures, design flaws and materials weaknesses) then you found a diamond in the rough.

And this is for anyone else reading this and also contemplating a new, reman or rebuilt transmission...Can't stress enough how important it is to compare apples to apples and be sure that what you would be paying is worth it relative to known, reputable suppliers/remanufactures like GM.
Could ya place a link to your
You in Oklahoma?
I'm in iowa

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan

Latest posts