100k tune up question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

llllljrlllll

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've never done a tune up in my car, she pushing 127k right now, but obviously she's due for a tune up. What do you guys recommend as far as spark plugs, serpentine belts, other things. Since I don't know what to do in this case. What is seafoam, and would I be able to use it on my hoe.....She's a 2007 Chevy Tahoe LS 4.8 any advice would be helpful.....By the way I'm driving about 400 miles tomorrow, going to vegas, can I use the seafoam on a full gas tank, and just let it ride all the way? Thanks Jr.

dcwhybrew

Reaction score
If you haven't found your answers already; yes you can dump sea foam into your gas tank (full tank). It will help clean your injectors. I run a can through mine every oil change (5k miles). Regarding the other to do items, your owners manual will have all the info you need. Essentially all fluidsand filters (including transmission) changed plus plugs and wires. I don't know what specific plugs. Your local auto parts store will know.

akbrener

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Plugs and wires are easy. I prefer NGK plugs and I got a good deal on AC Delco wires. You may want to do the serpentine belt if you feel its necessary but if it looks good and not cracked or worn, I would keep it on there.

Fuel filter is always a good tune up part.

Seafoam in the gas tank will work, if you want to go crazy, put some in through the vacuum lines, but be careful

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chris709

Latest posts