10 escalade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tom t

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ok boys and girls I'm a newbe here, just lowered my escalade 2/4 from norcal, while doing so i see my back shocks [w 60,000 mi] are shot and leaking oil. i see people saying to get away from auto shocks - why? this isn't an autocross vehicle just a daily driver towing a single axle trl with a harley no real weight once in a while so what say you all. also the new rear lowering springs when sitting on the ground, the bottom 3 coils are butt up against each other - no gap between them - is this normal

OP
OP
T

tom t

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I was hoping for a little help from the group but cant seam to get any response. Ill post some pics this week end its raining and overcast

justinesky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
THats normal for your springs and as for the rear shocks, Id keep the air ride. I got rid of my front stock shocks for KYB'S but with a lowered escacalde loaded with people and a trailer, you will probably hit your fenders with your wheels with out some kind of helper bags or the stock air ride. If you still have your stock bump stops then you will probably be ok getting rid of your air ride. if you do this you will need to add resistors to the plugs that plug into your shocks or your check air suspension warning will come on.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Everyone says to ditch. Me personally, I love the air ride system. I think it's great. I'm not lowered but when I tow I love the auto level feature. I love that my back end stays level and the shocks stay stiffer under the weight. It keeps the ride much more controlled. When not u dear widget it rides so smoothly compared to normal non air shocks. If you do need to replace the air ride components, there are ways to get parts for good prices. The compressor can be had on eBay, dorman makes a replacement and it's less than $200. I think I paid $120 for mine. My shocks were $380 for the pair. Not a bad price.

Speck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If your rear shocks are leaking oil, but are otherwise happy with them, I'd just replace them with factory rear shocks and just get the relocators to keep them in factory spec. I too plan to keep mine when I lower my Yukon.

Joe

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sure do like the AutoRide on my 2013 Suburban. Rides very well, almost floating if you will on that long body. Doesn't answer your question, but maybe convincing you like BigBear above to keep it.

OP
OP
T

tom t

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I kinda like my autoride and would like to keep it. They aren't afraid to charge for the shocks. I saw $280 and thought that was pretty steep. As far as the springs being compressed, what good are they doing if you have three coils laying flat against each other.

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 375s look good on there. Bug shield is definitely a personal preference item but that Esky is sharp.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmart157

Latest posts