1/2 drop for a 2011 autoride burb?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey Tony (or anyone else who may know),

I have a buddy here who wants a mild drop on his 11 LTZ suburban .. 1" in the front 2" in the back. He's on oem 22s if it makes a difference.

He's nor a 'car person' so he wants the easiest setup possible and one that won't throw any stabilitrac codes/error. He'd rather not change shocks but he will to retain oem ride quality if he really has to.

What's the best way to set this up?

Thanks.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hey Tony (or anyone else who may know),

I have a buddy here who wants a mild drop on his 11 LTZ suburban .. 1" in the front 2" in the back. He's on oem 22s if it makes a difference.

He's nor a 'car person' so he wants the easiest setup possible and one that won't throw any stabilitrac codes/error. He'd rather not change shocks but he will to retain oem ride quality if he really has to.

What's the best way to set this up?

Thanks.

in front for 1 inch he would have to change the springs in rear the kit will do 2.5-3.5 but if he put the rear kit with the 1 inch spacers and set the links to 3.5 (not 3) will be a 2 inch drop.

also in front if he has time I can get his struts here and modify them like I have been for 6 years

OP
OP
soulsea

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know you mentioned this before but what exactly is the strut modification you do and what does it accomplish?

And would you purchase a set of struts and sell them to him modified?

Thanks Tony.

OP
OP
soulsea

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Erm, I'm not sure I understand all that's explained on that thread. :(

But what's the down side of just dropping the front 1" with different springs and not doing the strut mod? Does the ride suffer or does it hurt the shocks?

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Erm, I'm not sure I understand all that's explained on that thread. :(

But what's the down side of just dropping the front 1" with different springs and not doing the strut mod? Does the ride suffer or does it hurt the shocks?

dont do springs have a machine shop do what ive been doing. Keep the ride nice. ive been doing the same mod since late 06 on teh 07 up models not one issue. I also did the same to my escalade.

OP
OP
soulsea

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What's the downside of going the spring swap route?

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
just on springs will be a little rougher in front.

OP
OP
soulsea

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Would also changing shocks solve that and bring it back to oem ride quality?

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Theres only one kind of autoride shock. The irde wont be bad just a little stiffer