1/2 din dvd player

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

02GMCyukon

Reaction score
anyone know if someone makes a dvd player that will fit in the stock cassette location on a 02 Yukon?

And what can be done about the rear air controls when mounting a flip down monitor.
Or should I just go with headrest tv's?
Definitely want the DVD player up front because I don't want little fingers to break anything.

ATL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the single dins are available with like a 4" screen, or you could go with a flip up, but those suck IMO. the rear flip downs get mounted way further back than the reaar air controls. mines mounted between the drivers and passengers head. head rest tvs would be alot cooler if you can get them at reasonable price

OP
OP

02GMCyukon

Reaction score
My flip down would need to go where the controls are for my 3 kids as I don't have third row. And as far as the DVD player goes I'm looking for a 1/2 din not a single din like the ones you described above. Below is a picture attached. I took the truck to a stereo shop yesterday and got a quote and was told they do make a DVD player to fit in the cassett location but the guy at the stereo shop would not tell me who made it or where I could find it. I'll attach a picture below of the location on referring to.

Attachments

• image-3603409209.jpg
    image-3603409209.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:

chauncey0337

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here are some 1/2 dins just from looking on ebay but I'm sure there are better ones. I don't think a 1/2 din would fit without a little modification to the tape player hole. It seem a little too narrow. But if you know how to work with fiber glass you can fit pretty much anything in there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tessacummins12

Latest posts