09 Suburban LTZ remote start issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

reno360

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My wife has an 09 Suburban LTZ and has been having issues with the remote start. Most of the time, when she attempts to start the vehicle remotely, the lights flash and the starter clicks (sounds like the battery is dead) and various dash lights come on, but the truck will not start. If she tries again, it may start after the third or so attempt. Sometimes it will start on the first try... we have two key fobs (1 and 2) which automatically adjust the seat settings correspondingly so I know it's not an issue with them being 3 and 4. I have also relearned the fobs a few times, but this continues. I have an LTZ Silverado and have never had any issues with the remote start (except when the check engine light is on which is to be expected). Any thoughts?

Thanks

Chris

Preludepearl417

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Take it to the dealership. That's my vote. Had a couple problems with my remote start but it was a bad fob. Good luck.

GM Customer Service

Full Access Member
Reaction score
reno360,

Is this a recent occurrence? I encourage you to take the vehicle in for an inspection. Possible causes are fob batteries going dead, components within fob (detached solder) have lost connection, fobs need to be re-matched to the vehicle and/or a damaged antenna. These are just suggestions, they are not meant as a diagnosis. Your certified technician will be able to offer additional information after a physical inspection of the vehicle.

Louis
GM Customer Service

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TU1881

Latest posts