08 Z71 suspension help needed...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCOCHRANE

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
been looking and reading and looking and reading some more and cannot put my finger on what i want to do, i want to go up but i want to make sure i do it right. after reading alot of the comments on here i see its been a learning excersise for more than a few people about what size lift fit what size tire and wheel combo...so figured i would just out right ask.

Option 1 - 2-2.5'' leveling kit, best brand or are they all about the same, and tires and wheels or is stock about all you can go to?

Option 2 - 4" lift...Brand? what works best and tire and wheel combos that work well with out rub issues? and is anything else needed to be aware of?

Overall i want to do it right while at the same time i still want to be able to fit in my garage or else i would be talking 6" lift and 35" + tires....

Zed 71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What would help would be to list truck use (especially off-road), budget, and goals (look, height, ride, tire size, etc.).

wbreaux

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you have the money do 4 inch suspension. Without major trimming you will be stuck around 33s. If I were you I'd email frank at FTS and get a quote on the FTS 7" lift. With it you can run 35s. I did all my resarch and ended up with about 5.5" of lift and 34.5s and I wish i had done the 7" and 35s. As for rims I left my stock 20s but would probably only trade for 20X12s

OP
OP
S

SCOCHRANE

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
vehicle usage

my overall use of the vehicle is daily driver with med. offroad use, sand trails moderate hill climbs and trail riding. not looking for a extreme articulating suspension. that is not required i have been involved with the offroading scene for many years however its always been with older leaf sring tahoes and K5 blazers so the full coil suspenson on this is posing challenges and once i read all the other quirks of each type it prompted my question.... as for money/budget not a problem, its not a deciding factor for this i want fit and function.

Zed 71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It looks like fitting into your garage is the limiting factor. I have a 6 ft 10 in high garage door opening and I have about 2 inches of space between the top of the roof rack cross member and the top of the garage opening. I only have a 2.5 in front and 1 in rear level kit with 285/65/18s.

IMO I cannot see you fitting through a standard garage door with a 4 in lift and 35s. Maybe unless you air down :p. Hopefully Creeto or Gonzo will chime in.

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also think about parking garages... I have a 2.5/1.5 leveling kit and 33's and can barely fit in some parking garages only clearing it by a few inches.

MPC_Lift

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
the biggest thing aside from knowing your clearances is how much do you want to spend. while you will spend a little bit more getting the full lift you will spend alot more when buying 35s.

leveling kits are very affordable and you dont really NEED to upgrade the tires. if you have a little bit extra money on hand and want to get bigger tires maybe a small lift will be your fit.

OP
OP
S

SCOCHRANE

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for the responses, i have since purchased and installed the ProComp leveling kit, and will be going out today for tires and wheels. thanks for the support i will post pics of the work in progress so far.

i figure i will give this 6 months and see how it goes before i decide further if i want to stay where i am at or if its time to go up higher and new wheels and tires....To be continued......

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Friendy