08 Yukon Denali Power assist runningboard problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MonoAnt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey guys, im having issues with my running boards. they are not working at all no motor noise nothing. I just bought the vehicle and they were not working when i bought it. I found that the control module had a broken pin so i bought a used one online same part # and still no luck. i check power at the harness to to mod. and im getting power. Do i have to get this mod. programmed? also i tried the unlock procedure no luck either. Thanks for the help.

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I was told by the dealership that this is a common issue, especially for those who experience snow in the winter.

This was actually the reason why I did not want power running boards on our second Denali.

GM Customer Service

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello MonoAnt,

I understand that you are seeking information regarding an issue you are experiencing with the running boards on your Yukon Denali. As a customer service representative, I'm not able to provide much in the way of do-it-yourself information, so I'm glad to see forum members are beginning to step in with feedback. If you have any lingering concerns, please contact me via private message.

Jennifer T.
GM Customer Care

TraumaTruck1

Reaction score
I just bought an 07 Denali. My power running boards work most of the time, but sometimes they seem to get in a bind or something. They click and pop like the motor tries to run but don't move. Sometimes they don't make any noise at all.

I have tried to lubricate the hinges, but it's hard to do because they don't come apart. I am thinking about taking the running boards off and soaking the hinges in oil to see if that does anything.

If that doesn't work I will probably end up taking them off and putting on some Nerf bars or something. My wife really needs the step because she's short and she's frustrated with them.

OP
OP
MonoAnt

MonoAnt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just bought an 07 Denali. My power running boards work most of the time, but sometimes they seem to get in a bind or something. They click and pop like the motor tries to run but don't move. Sometimes they don't make any noise at all.

I have tried to lubricate the hinges, but it's hard to do because they don't come apart. I am thinking about taking the running boards off and soaking the hinges in oil to see if that does anything.

If that doesn't work I will probably end up taking them off and putting on some Nerf bars or something. My wife really needs the step because she's short and she's frustrated with them.

Amen. I think I got my issue figured out the pwr wire in the mod. Pigtail was junk although it was reading 12v . Ordered the six wire pigtail $77 for a connector what a F-ing joke

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Amen. I think I got my issue figured out the pwr wire in the mod. Pigtail was junk although it was reading 12v . Ordered the six wire pigtail $77 for a connector what a F-ing joke

Maybe rebuilt it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Demetris