07Burb's SLOW "build up"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't be too concerned with the frame work as long as the shop is a reputable one. Hell, I had a convertible ram air trans am that had been cut in half and complete new rear section welded on. Couldn't tell it had been cut anywhere when they were done (I did put subframe connectors on it just for good measure, lol).

Last edited:
OP
OP
07Burb

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't be too concerned with the frame work as long as the shop is a reputable one. Hell, I have a convertible ram air trans am that had been cut in half and complete new rear section welded on. Couldn't tell it had been cut anywhere when they were done (I did put subframe connectors on it just for good measure, lol).
I'm leaning towards just rocking it til the wheels fall off at this point. The shop it's at is reputable and very good at what they do. I'm positive that she's lost value taking that hard of a hit but she probably wasn't worth much with 185k on it anyway so at this point it's just a mind over matter thing.

Jonah52

Senor ******
Reaction score
I'm leaning towards just rocking it til the wheels fall off at this point. The shop it's at is reputable and very good at what they do. I'm positive that she's lost value taking that hard of a hit but she probably wasn't worth much with 185k on it anyway so at this point it's just a mind over matter thing.

Might as well get as much use out of a depreciating asset as possible...

Kenny D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If the frame damage is before the front suspension, then it should't be an issue with the ride or alignment. May take a few shims to get the body to line up. If they get it within 60% of how it looked before, it will still be a bad a$$ looking suburban.

OP
OP
07Burb

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lol... so they are fixing her up?
Don't know yet. There seems to be some confusion between the insurance folks and the body shop folks. The body shop said they are disassembling today and someone should be calling me today or tomorrow once that's done and they know more. Once I talk to them, I should have a much firmer grasp as to what's actually happening and what the timeline looks like assuming they do fix it. If they decide to total it after the body shop makes their list of what needs attention I've already start my list of stuff I need to retrieve off of it to throw up for sale.

Jonah52

Senor ******
Reaction score
Don't know yet. There seems to be some confusion between the insurance folks and the body shop folks. The body shop said they are disassembling today and someone should be calling me today or tomorrow once that's done and they know more. Once I talk to them, I should have a much firmer grasp as to what's actually happening and what the timeline looks like assuming they do fix it. If they decide to total it after the body shop makes their list of what needs attention I've already start my list of stuff I need to retrieve off of it to throw up for sale.

Gotcha. So you're in lingo....just a waiting. Lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrokenTV GUy