07Burb's SLOW "build up"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
07Burb

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So quick update. Talked to the body shop today. Zero frame damage whatsoever and all the damage is cosmetic which is incredible. Damage cost is high but well below the threshold of being declared a total loss so repairs will be made and will drive just like it did before the wreck since no damage was done to the structure that would need repaired. So now it's just a waiting game to get all the funds from the insurance companies and they are still duking it out to decide who's at fault. We know the other dude was but just like any investigation they have to go through their hoops to dot all the i's and cross all the t's. I'm getting a rental tomorrow. Probably will be a cracker jack box but whatevs.

Long story short, she'll be fixed and we will just rock it from here. In the end it makes the most financial sense and after a wreck like that on the carfax report it won't be worth selling and replacing anyway so onward we go. Still got several more weeks left of this but we fight one day at a time lol

Jonah52

Senor ******
Reaction score
So quick update. Talked to the body shop today. Zero frame damage whatsoever and all the damage is cosmetic which is incredible. Damage cost is high but well below the threshold of being declared a total loss so repairs will be made and will drive just like it did before the wreck since no damage was done to the structure that would need repaired. So now it's just a waiting game to get all the funds from the insurance companies and they are still duking it out to decide who's at fault. We know the other dude was but just like any investigation they have to go through their hoops to dot all the i's and cross all the t's. I'm getting a rental tomorrow. Probably will be a cracker jack box but whatevs.

Long story short, she'll be fixed and we will just rock it from here. In the end it makes the most financial sense and after a wreck like that on the carfax report it won't be worth selling and replacing anyway so onward we go. Still got several more weeks left of this but we fight one day at a time lol

Very good Cob. I'm sure his insurance will pay it it just sucks because all of that takes time. Do you have hook ups so you can get a higher estimate and pocket some cash if the situation allows? That's what I did?

At least you'll get a whole new front clip and everything will be painted nicely and no rock chips! Are they putting back what was currently on the vehicle or just like the factory LT grill and what not?

OP
OP
07Burb

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
--Putting it back like it was
--no hookups for extra money
--had front bumper cover replaced and freshly painted just last year along with hood so didn't really need the fresh paint or front clip but I appreciate the positive outlook lol

Yuko04

"SquareBODluvr"
Reaction score
--Putting it back like it was
--no hookups for extra money
--had front bumper cover replaced and freshly painted just last year along with hood so didn't really need the fresh paint or front clip but I appreciate the positive outlook lol
O [oo] Snap!!!

Jiggy-J

OP
OP
07Burb

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got sent this pic last night from a buddy at the shop where the burb is being fixed at! I was blown away. They are already almost done!! :party33: even have interior cleaned up from the stupid tow truck driver who dumped all the crap off the road into my back seat area :nono:

Will have it back early next week :)

BD51D404-1CFF-45FC-8FC2-65447AF4241F_zpsa0p2dav7.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
patrickleeleep