07 Yukon OE stereo advice needed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cwelk87gn

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys, I recently bought a 2007 Yukon XL SLT with the factory RES and Bose system. One of the issues with the truck is the head unit is dead. I tried pulling fuse 41 and disconnected the battery overnight and all I get is the backlights flashing on and off, which leads me to believe the thing is toast. Anyway, to my question, I would like to just buy an OEM unit and while my family owns 2 auto salvage yards I am leaning towards trying to find a reman unit from a dealer since I have to get it flashed anyway. What's the best way to proceed with this? Btw, it's the UVA unit if that helps.

doubletapdrew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You could call dealers and see if they have any UVAs available. We sometimes have customers that want the nav radio instead so we pull out the stock one if the rig they picked out doesn't have nav and swap it out. So it's basically a new unused head unit. I don't think we have any right now but if we do one soon I can let you know.

I'd check in your salvage lots though, free is the best price! They usually last pretty well. Blown speakers are fairly common but fried head units aren't that common when we used get trade-ins.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buzarr