05 tahoe z71 bumper lower/fog lights?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SteveCZ28

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im doing some work on my tahoe. got to looking around at different bumper covers, or different bumper lowers. my truck is a z71. but when i look at the bumper lower that actually on my truck vs what i see of other peoples trucks, i dont have a z71 lower installed on my truck. i have i guess the lower that would be on the ls/lt's. i like the look of this lower. but my question is actually about the foglights. i have wiring hanging for fog lights, but the lights are physically gone. can i just buy the new rectangular foglights found on the ls/lts and itll mount right up? or do i need to put the z71 lower back on and put the round z71 fog lights in. i dont know if my bumper is predrilled for both or not.

AH64Medic

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I replaced mine several months back. You can find OEM fog lights on Amazon, ebay etc and have the brackets to attach to your truck. The question is... Does the plug on your truck fit a Z-71 fog light or the rectangular ones? I only ask because I don't know if they are different. I also imagine the standard fog lights are gonna be cheaper than replacement Z-71 ones. Also I think you can use other style/brand round fog lights for replacement to suit your lighting needs. Hope this helps.

OP
OP
SteveCZ28

SteveCZ28

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so i have mounting holes available for both lights on my truck?? im not worried about the plugs, i can always get new pigtails for what ever set of lights i do install as theyre pretty cheap. i just want to make sure that if i buy the new rectangular lights for this ls/lt lower that itll fit, and not have to install the z71 lower and go back to round lights again

OP
OP
SteveCZ28

SteveCZ28

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well i went and bit the bullet. bought the smaller rectangle foglights, that are found on tahoes that arent equipped with z71 goodies. there is holes already drilled in the bumper from factory, and the lower fascia is notched out where it attaches to the bumper to allow the foglights to attach. simple bolt on and go deal.

99TAHOE2DR

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
00 Tahoe Limited Fog lights.

Where did you get the fog lights from, and how much did they cost you? I have searched high and low for these fog lights, and no luck on finding them .

01TX_Tahoe

Semper Fi
Reaction score
I put 4" led pods in my z71 valence. Fit perfect and look good. I used the stock mounting hole for the plastic rivets and just bolted them right up.

20140522_071557.jpg

20140522_071625.jpg

20140522_071710.jpg

20140521_210801.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fafafyfy