05 tahoe weird blower problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SteveCZ28

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im having a weird issue with the front blower in my 05 tahoe with electronic hvac. when truck is sitting idling, you can hear the a/c clutch cycling, but the blower wont blow air. so i was driving with the windows down, then randomly the blower started blowing air again at id say about half speed. so i roll windows up and all is good. i get home and pull in the driveway, and put truck in park. blower goes back out again. so i pulled blower out of its housing. fan spins freely. i hooked it up to a battery and it works awesome. when i bought the truck a year ago previous owner said he installed a new resister, and from what i can tell it looks like its been replaced and he did spice in a new plug end. the reistor thats currently in truck just looks like a big alluminum heat sink, and doesnt have a resistor on the end like im seeing on most resistor/modules that ive looked at. is it possible the blower resister is shot again? or am i looking for a different issue??

Last edited:
OP
OP
SteveCZ28

SteveCZ28

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just updaing this incase someone searches and has a similar issue. i bought a new resister/module, plugged it in, and the fan operates like new again. honestly i think it blows harder now, than it did before resister/module went out (thats what she said, haha)

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad you got it figured out, wish I could have helped but never have encountered that problem yet! Thanks for the update!

alc5m

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you figured it out before i saw this, lol, i had the same issue, make sure you replace the wiring too if that had corrosion, i got lazy and had things to do when i did mine and just left the wiring with a bit of corrosion so mine is slightly intermittent, i wish i had a picture of the old resistor though, green everywhere

also if you have the auto controls be prepared to spend 105 dollars from a local parts store, otherwise its like 40 bucks for the non auto

OP
OP
SteveCZ28

SteveCZ28

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i replaced the wiring also as it came with. and put a dab of dilectric grease on it.
i only paid 55 for mine with auto controls. helps to google part numbers :)

OP
OP
SteveCZ28

SteveCZ28

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i replaced the blower motor resistor. some sites call it a blower motor module.

smcnair

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you should put up the part numbers and / or where you purchased...

blatta1999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did the new resistor you have only have the plug out that went to the motor fan? My stock one has two sets of wires going to it but all the ones I see online only have one. I have automatic controls in my 2005 tahoe.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nyc2011Denali

Latest posts