05 Suburban randomly blows hot air out of dash

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrstang01

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
As stated, Household Six's 05 Suburban randomly blows hot air out of dash. Turn the truck off, turn back on, it's back working just fine. May happen again that day, may not happen for a week or a month. May happen 3 or 4 times that day.

I assume it's a blend door actuator freaking out, but has anyone seen this?

bill1013

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As stated, Household Six's 05 Suburban randomly blows hot air out of dash. Turn the truck off, turn back on, it's back working just fine. May happen again that day, may not happen for a week or a month. May happen 3 or 4 times that day.

I assume it's a blend door actuator freaking out, but has anyone seen this?

I had the same problem with my Yukon. I got one of those do it yourself freon bottles. Drained the freon then loaded it up with fresh freon and it's blowing nice, cold air. I didn't have the A/C serviced for over 5 years, so I guess I had it coming. I'll be doing a quick check and servicing yearly now. Good luck! BTW, just trying to add freon didn't work. I didn't get cold air until I drained the low side completely then filled it up with the new, fresh freon...

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I honestly forget the process for doing it but there is a way to reset the control unit that may fix this. I can't remember if you use a Tech 2 to do it or just unhook the negative cable at the battery and let it sit for 15 minutes or longer and then it will reset. Someone here will know for sure. But could also be the actuator as stated earlier.

What the hell is "Household Six's? Also: You posted a question about an 05 Suburban in the 2007 to 2014 section. Also:

We recommend that you put all your rig(s) info in your signature so we all don’t have to guess at year, make, model, engine size, trans, rear axle locker…….etc. While you may have posted pertinent info in your first post, you may forget to do it again and the info is needed by us anyway. Makes it way easier on all members that attempt to help, to have that info right up front. It is also recommended that you take a pic of your RPO codes, on the inside cover of the glove box, and post that image in your signature. All this info will greatly help those that will try to help with a problem.

If there is any other info, like upgrades, mods or recent mechanical/maintenance work done, that would be helpful in any post as well. Too many times a question is asked by the poster and after about 10 responses we find out that the poster has done recent work to attempt to fix the problem or work that was done that SEEMS not related to the problem.

Midnight Sun

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a similar question for a 2012 GMC Yukon. My Rear AC blows only hot while the front AC works great. I have the back panels open and access to rear AC. I see that the air blend actuator goes to hot and stays there. I can manually move it to cool and it blows ice cold. I disconnected the battery to reset the calibration (disconnected pos side--must it be the neg?).
Every time I restart the Yukon the actuator moves to hot and stays there.
Is is mis-calibrated? Or is it faulty and requiring replacement?

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I don't think it makes a difference which cable you remove but yours sounds like a failed actuator or controller.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csan2879