04 Yukon XL Denali: Replacing "ride control" compressor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Installed the compressor this morning. Started the vehicle and it ran for a few seconds, then shut off, which is what it should do.
Service Ride Control message is gone for now, but I really expect the rear shocks are leaking at least SOME, as they look original to the vehicle. Will wait and see.

Anyone use the Arnot reman shocks. Looks like the cheapest alternative. A little bummed that they went from lifetime warranty (as of July 1) to a two year warranty. Arnotts are $265.99 each with a $50 core + shipping at RockAuto.
Suncore offers these for a little bit less with lifetime warranty, but don't know that the ride quality will be as good.

Alternatives?
I have had good luck with Arnott Remans.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Installed the compressor this morning. Started the vehicle and it ran for a few seconds, then shut off, which is what it should do.
Service Ride Control message is gone for now, but I really expect the rear shocks are leaking at least SOME, as they look original to the vehicle. Will wait and see.

Anyone use the Arnot reman shocks. Looks like the cheapest alternative. A little bummed that they went from lifetime warranty (as of July 1) to a two year warranty. Arnotts are $265.99 each with a $50 core + shipping at RockAuto.
Suncore offers these for a little bit less with lifetime warranty, but don't know that the ride quality will be as good.

Alternatives?
I have had the as-2708's on mine for over 5 years and no issue's
they now have approx 80k on them which is the point of where the oem's are known to begin having issue's, doesn't happen to all it's just a reference point. I checked mine recently and the the bladders hold air fine and everything is working properly

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don’t go cheap on the air shocks if you plan to keep the Z55 suspension. I made that mistake. Bought the cheapest ones I could find on eBay since at the time arnotts were over $700 a pair, turns out they were knock off arnotts and didn’t even last me a year. Rear shock fully extended driving in the snow when I went to turn from one street to another, and went across a huge rut in the snow that I didn’t know was there from the rain melting through the snow and then refreezing. I actually heard the shock bladder blow from inside the truck when the shock went to collapse after fully extending through the rut….. it was pretty bad.

Save yourself the hassle and go with the arnotts. They won’t die on you. The actual arnott shocks I bought from another member, have been on for at least 5 years now and many many miles and zero issues.

OP
OP
L

lynnbilodeau

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Looking on RockAuto, they show the Arnott reman rears as PN AS2708.

I shopped around a bit and found them cheaper at Summit with free shipping. Same part number.

But, on Summit, when I use the "make sure it fits" button is says it does not fit.

They clearly have the self adjusting feature as required for the Z55 suspension.

Anyone order that part number from Summit? Any reason to believe they won't fit?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luggz