04 Yukon Fuel Pump needs replacing?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

_Spanish_

Reaction score
So my 04 Yukon SLT has been doing this since i bought it a couple months ago, i fill it up and it works well all the way untill the image provided ( just under 1/4 fuel on the gauge and about 100 km range left)

The problem is that once i hit about 70 km in range it'll die, its happened twice to me and once yesterday to my gf. Usually we have 5g gas in the back and it'll turn right on after cycling the key a couple times so im guessing it is really empty but range still shows 60 something or 70 something km left and needle isnt in red yet...

Wondering if changing the fuel pump will fix this? It's not the end of the world but i could spend a few hundred to get a new pump put in at this moment so if y'all say yes ill do it :) thank you!

20160602_081223.jpg

Gtir007

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it might be empty, either the float on the pump is inaccurate or the the motor in the gauge is no good, i would do the gauge first

OP
OP
_Spanish_

_Spanish_

Reaction score
it might be empty, either the float on the pump is inaccurate or the the motor in the gauge is no good, i would do the gauge first
My speedometer gague motor is bad i know that cos it freezes sometimes and it could be the same thing with the gas gauge but whenever i turn the truck off the gas gauge needle always goes to 0 so it's not freezing but ill try it ill do both at the same time thanks!

OP
OP
_Spanish_

_Spanish_

Reaction score
You need to replace the fuel sending unit. It's out of spec.
The sending unit comes with the fuel pump right? So i would have to change the whole pump if im not mistaken?

01ssreda4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you know someone with hptuners they can adjust the output of the gauge in the tune to match the actual fuel amount in the truck. I had to do this when i replaced my fuel pump with an ac delco unit and suddenly my fuel gauge was inaccurate, leading me to run out of gas. Why? I dont know but I was able to fix it in the PCM.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cateyeburb

Latest posts