04 Yukon, Bought not Built

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
02Burgundybeast

02Burgundybeast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I added a Valentine One radar this week. Got the concealed display along with a hardwire kit that allows me to tap into the rear view mirror. I am thinking about modding the mirror to house the V1, and then add the concealed display in one of the open cubbies in the console. I have seen a couple pictures online where people have hidden then V1 completely. Hopefully I have some time do all that soon.

OP
OP
02Burgundybeast

02Burgundybeast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone had a wandering issue with the 00-06 trucks? Mine has done it even before the lift. Any suggestions or recommendations?

OP
OP
02Burgundybeast

02Burgundybeast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Trying to decide which mod to do next. All new headlights/running lights/fogs, or, head unit?

This truck is about to become a third vehicle and not my DD so I will be able to do more with it and not worry about the down time. Thinking motor swap, trans swap, new gears (4.56-4.88s), and 37s for show, new 35s for go. I figured $5-10k in this truck is still better than $40k+ for a new one.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd be tempted to go the head unit and audio upgrade for now but what condition are your lights in now? If your headlights and such are aging/hazy then go that route and give the lighting a fresh look.

....and I agree about 5-10k on this is better than 40k for a newer one.

OP
OP
02Burgundybeast

02Burgundybeast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They aren't in bad shape. The fog lights have seen better days though. I actually just lost the lens on one and my HIDs melted the other fog. Been seeing a lot of cleared headlights online but I really want a cleared Denali housing.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Altima's are a nice ride to DD. I like that move :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jmiller727

Latest posts