04 Tahoe Instrament lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

04BlackTahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello; long time reader, finally a member and first time poster.

I have some burned out bulbs on my 04 Tahoe dash. After pulling the gauge cluster out I found that these are soldered in. I have no problem with unsoldering the old bulbs and replacing them. The problem that I have is finding the replacement bulbs. Any one have any leads on some?

I have read many posts on here about replacing them with LED's but have also read about some issues with the conversion to LEDs. If I was to change to LED's which ones would I need for the dash and would I need resistors?

Thanks for all of your help.

Mike

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had scottyboy, a member on here, switch out my dash lights, well all lights out to LED, and have had no problems at all. Not sure what problems you read, maybe im lucky, but ive had none and its been quite a while. If you ask him, scottyboy, he will be able to tell you everything you need. Very helpful and good guy. He can do it for you also, if you dont feel you want to. Also, i know he probly has some stock lights from clusters he has switched he can probly tell you what and where to get them also.

Maybe this helps. I dont know much, but he will. he is very knowledgeable in that area.

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For all the LED swaps I have done I have used a 1/4 watt 470 ohm resistor soldered to the positive leg on each LED. Like Mike said, I have a few good stock bulbs from some clusters I have done. As far as where to get replacement stock bulbs, I have never actually bought any but I have heard people say you can get them from radioshack. They dont carry an exact replacement, but they have bulbs that are almost the exact shape and size and the same wattage.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redoak76