04 Denali - Rear Hatch/Handle Issue & Rear Doors not locking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TL24

Reaction score
So over the weekend my Rear Hatch/Handle decided to stop working on me. Basically when I pull the Hatch/Handle it doesn't catch the wire so the Hatch/Handle doesn't do anything at all :yuno:

My second issue is with the two rear doors, they will un-lock with the remote but will NOT lock with the remote?

Any help would be greatly appreciated if you've had either or both of these issues before. I also have another issue that I will post up with a video so that you call can see what I'm referring to.

Thanks ahead of time fellas!

chauncey0337

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a similar issue with my cargo door. I took the panel off and noticed one of the C clips for the opening mechanism was bent which prevented the handle to catch. Might be a similar issue with yours. You're just gonna have to open it up and do some exploring.

OP
OP
T

TL24

Reaction score
I had a similar issue with my cargo door. I took the panel off and noticed one of the C clips for the opening mechanism was bent which prevented the handle to catch. Might be a similar issue with yours. You're just gonna have to open it up and do some exploring.

Let's hope that's all it is for the rear hatch/door handle...

Any idea as to why my issue could be for the two rear passenger doors? Like I've said, they both unlock with the remote but they both will NOT lock with the remote. I physically have to manually lock them both which is a pain in the ass because I sometime forget smfh...

OP
OP
T

TL24

Reaction score
They won't lock with the divers door switch either?

That's a hit and miss, if I unlock it and lock it real quick it does lock. But if I unlock it, let it sit for 5 seconds or so and lock it it doesn't lock.

AZYukon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
hi i am also having the same problem after removing all the trim panels you will see this http://i.ebayimg.com/t/01-05-SUBURBAN-TAHOE-Liftgate-Rear-HATCH-Actuator-Lock-ASSEMBLY-OEM-/00/s/NDgwWDY0MA==/$(KGrHqUOKowE5380lRRQBOn((Fihug~~60_12.JPG

the small black actuator is the problem inside there some plastic
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/ai-gSaj6qmo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

its the small white wheel that goes bad or :hunter:teeth brake thats what happened to me the motor was fine. Dorman makes a full replacement part # 746-015

Hope this helps you out

OP
OP
T

TL24

Reaction score
hi i am also having the same problem after removing all the trim panels you will see this http://i.ebayimg.com/t/01-05-SUBURBAN-TAHOE-Liftgate-Rear-HATCH-Actuator-Lock-ASSEMBLY-OEM-/00/s/NDgwWDY0MA==/$(KGrHqUOKowE5380lRRQBOn((Fihug~~60_12.JPG

the small black actuator is the problem inside there some plastic
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/ai-gSaj6qmo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

its the small white wheel that goes bad or :hunter:teeth brake thats what happened to me the motor was fine. Dorman makes a full replacement part # 746-015

Hope this helps you out

Only problem here is actually remove the trim panel from the inside since I can't even open the rear hatch.... But it has to be done so hopefully I can get it done this weekend!

AZYukon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I know its not easy but take it slow start by removing leather handle 10 mm bolt. The start from the middle of trim pull back a bit. You will be able to pop the glass latch by hand. Then remove 2 black plastic things they look like nails that are holding the panel to the latch area trim from there start taking apart all of the top panel. Once thats done pry loose the middle bottom panel and you can unlock the actual hatch and make rest of job easygoing

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
T

TL24

Reaction score
I know its not easy but take it slow start by removing leather handle 10 mm bolt. The start from the middle of trim pull back a bit. You will be able to pop the glass latch by hand. Then remove 2 black plastic things they look like nails that are holding the panel to the latch area trim from there start taking apart all of the top panel. Once thats done pry loose the middle bottom panel and you can unlock the actual hatch and make rest of job easygoing

Thanks man, I'll give it a shot tomorrow and post my results!

AZYukon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Cool if u need more help just post it here ill help as much as i can

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jerodmortensen