03 Yukon master window switch removal?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

malmed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I need to replace my master drivers window switch.
Every video on youtube just shows them popping them out, one clip, but it looks to me like there is a screw holding the other end... Can I get to that screw and remove it by pulling just the speaker, or does the entire door panel have to come off?

mpope2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They just pop out. No screw from factory for the window switch. There are two clips that snap in. The door panel will have 3-4 screws holding it in however along with the plastic clips that lock into the door skin

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Don't pop it out from above. On my '04 you have to remove the door panel. Mine broke when I tried to just pop it out. There's a screw holding the switch.

Apparently the '00-'02 door panels would allow you to pop it out without removing the door panel, but don't quote me on that.

Last edited:
OP
OP
malmed

malmed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the replacement in hand and it sure looks like a screw holds the front down, and a clip at the back.... It looks like maybe you could remove the screw with the speaker removed, but I am not sure....

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
You have to get that screw removed, however you do it, to remove the bezel and switch as one unit. Otherwise you'll break the screw tower that it screws into. The screw tower is part of the bezel, but the switch is held in with small plastic clips around it and can't easily be removed without pulling the bezel.

Here's a pic of my bezel after I fixed it with Q-Bond. The screw tower had been broken off:

Bezel3_resized.jpg

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the replacement in hand and it sure looks like a screw holds the front down, and a clip at the back.... It looks like maybe you could remove the screw with the speaker removed, but I am not sure....
Just take the door panel off. It’s not complicated and will save you the possibility of breaking anything on the bezel or the switch while trying to take it off without the door panel fully off.

mpope2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Must be an 03-06 thing with the screw on the master switch. I’ve owned 3 different 99-02 trucks and none of them had a screw holding the master window switch down. As other members have said, the door panel is easy to get off. It will probably take all of 5-10 minutes max to just pull the whole panel off.

OP
OP
malmed

malmed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just take the door panel off. It’s not complicated and will save you the possibility of breaking anything on the bezel or the switch while trying to take it off without the door panel fully off.

I did, you were correct, it was easy to remove... Thanks, fixed me right up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo

Latest posts