03' Yukon Body Drop

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP

89 chevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We used a tranny jack, with a piece of square tubing and thats how we lifted it up.

chistoso

Supporting Member
Reaction score
That looks really good.. I wanted to do this to the Tahoe when I had it because I had about one inch of gap between the front bumper and the body I wanted to close up and the same out rear. The front gap looks perfect, if you can figure out a way to get the rear bumper to clear 1/4 inch of the hatch it'l be nice..

OP
OP

89 chevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone. Im getting a bigger sub box, and were gonna take the Isolators out. Im gonna get the rear to tuck without 500lbs in the back, and doing it the right way.........haha

---------- Post added at 07:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:36 PM ----------

Great job, looks good as hell....can't wait to do it myself :waytogo:

Any reason why you didn't go with S10 bodymounts instead of eliminating your OEM? Seems you would get the 1inch drop and still retain the shock absorption from the shorter rubber bushings.

I asked clean also, I've got a complete S10 set sitting around waiting to install....

B

I wanted to get it dropped right away thats why we didn't wait.

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score
chistoso said:
The front gap looks perfect, if you can figure out a way to get the rear bumper to clear 1/4 inch of the hatch it'l be nice..

Hell ya, agree 100%...I think a rollpan would be perfect for that.

B

OP
OP

89 chevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I always thought of a rollpan, but i don't know if I want to have to buy a hideaway hitch, just in case I need to use it. Who makes good roll pans and hideaway hitches? Do you have to remove the rear tire for a hideaway hitch?

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I always thought of a rollpan, but i don't know if I want to have to buy a hideaway hitch, just in case I need to use it. Who makes good roll pans and hideaway hitches? Do you have to remove the rear tire for a hideaway hitch?

Yup no tire....Sir Michaels makes a good hidden hitch. Mine is still in the garage... :(

B

OP
OP

89 chevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I won't be using a hitch then! Who makes the best roll pan in your opinion?

pats hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ill be doing a roll pan anyway so that will take care of that.For the front ill just modify the brackets.Looks great sitting outside.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrRuiz