03' Yukon Body Drop

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

89 chevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well today I finally body dropped my Yukon. It was definatly a fun time doing it! I took some pics, but there in my Yukon and its still at my shop. It took us about 2hrs because we took our time. Just the body drop lowered it 1.25" at the very least. We made little rubber inserts to go inbetween the body and the frame, but they were only like 1/16 thick. Like Clean95 said, the only hard part was the front, and it wasn't even that hard, it was just a pain in the ass. Here is 2 pics from my cell phone, and there not the best. If you guys have any questions just ask! Thanks to Clean95 for the help when I called him today!

The first pic is just the body dropped down. No bolts or tightened, and the spring Isolaters still in.

Will get more pics tomorrow!

Attachments

• Yukon Body Drop.jpg
    Yukon Body Drop.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 350
  • Yukon Body Drop.jpg 1.jpg
    Yukon Body Drop.jpg 1.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 445
Last edited:
OP
OP

89 chevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No we had to do some cutting, and grinding on the factory mounts.

---------- Post added at 09:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:15 PM ----------

I will get more pics up tomorrow, but I don't think u can body drop your 08'!

OP
OP

89 chevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Like I told Clean95 lastnight I found out a way to lower the body about a half an inch, but you will have to drop the front and rear bumper down. Right now, I cannot stick a pencil between the bumper and the hatch. I can't even fit a cutoff wheel inbetween there either so the bumper will have to be moved. Im going to trim a shock bolt now thats almost rubbing on the tire, so I will have pics up in a hour or so.

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
You should be able to flip the rear upper shock bolt around so they don't rub. I'm interested to see how this pans out once you correct the bumper height, that shit is all over the grill right now.

OP
OP

89 chevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats what I did max. The rear hatch is so close to touching the bumper, its crazy. The more I measure today, it lowered it right at a 1.5" in the rear, and 1.25" in the front. I am very happy I did it, but it is a little louder in the cab going over bumps, but It's not even that bad to worry about it!

Here are some pics!

Just got it on the lift
YukonBodyDrop001.jpg

YukonBodyDrop002.jpg

The piece you cut. You cut the circle part that is stucking up flush with the cup.
YukonBodyDrop007.jpg

This is how you can make it lower, we cut this one just for an example to show you guys then welded it back together!

YukonBodyDrop008.jpg

The little rubber piece that we put in place of the big bushing. This is just so the frame doesen't squeak against the body.

YukonBodyDrop004.jpg

This is how far we lifted the body from the frame.

YukonBodyDrop010.jpg

Cutting and Grinding

YukonBodyDrop005.jpg

First time off the lift!

YukonBodyDrop013.jpg

Pics that I took today!
YukonBodyDrop020.jpg

YukonBodyDrop019.jpg

YukonBodyDrop018.jpg

YukonBodyDrop017.jpg

YukonBodyDrop016.jpg

YukonBodyDrop015.jpg

The gap between the grille and the Bumper.
YukonBodyDrop022.jpg

The gap between the rear hatch, and the bumper! Can't even it a paint stick between it! haha

YukonBodyDrop021.jpg

---------- Post added at 06:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:05 PM ----------

The reason it lowered it more in the back than it did the front was because the front 2 bushing were a little thinner than the back ones. Why I don't know, but mine were!

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great job, looks good as hell....can't wait to do it myself :waytogo:

Any reason why you didn't go with S10 bodymounts instead of eliminating your OEM? Seems you would get the 1inch drop and still retain the shock absorption from the shorter rubber bushings.

I asked clean also, I've got a complete S10 set sitting around waiting to install....

B

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No we had to do some cutting, and grinding on the factory mounts.

Also just curious how you guys went about lifting the body up with it on the lift so high in the air....floor support jacks??

B