03 Tahoe Aftermarket Stereo w/ Bose

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LBarrett_Z71

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I know some of you have answered this question a lot, but I'm new to this stereo incident and need some help. I have a 2003 Tahoe z71 with the Bose sound system without onstar. I'm putting in a Boss stereo in. I plan on using the Bose door speakers but am adding my own subs. I would like to keep steering wheel controls and all the stock chimes and alarms. What all exactly do I need to keep all these? And what else do I need for the install besides an antenna adaptor and the dash kit?

Chiggy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Look on amazon for the GMOS-04 and the Metra steering wheel control adapter. You'll have to get a radio that has a "remote" input for the steering wheel adapter to plug into, it looks like a headphone jack. I'd up the budget from a Boss stereo to a good Alpine that has all bells and whistles.

Atreuce

Full Access Member
Reaction score
+1 to no boss.

pioneer/alpine will get you set good.

the steering wheel needs the ASWC-1. super easy to program too.

Chiggy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah the aswc by Metra. It programs itself lol. I think I had to hit volume up and it was set but that was with my alpine. Alpine designs their stuff well.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

atothez

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I used the PAC RP5-GM11 in my 05 (hooked it to a Pioneer PRS-80) I kept chimes, steering controls, works with the BOSE amp, and I even still have my RSE. The PAC website say $229 but I got it off amazon for $95.

To run your extra subs you will need an external amp, amp install kit and of course the sub and sub box.

A dash kit should be very easy to find just type in 2003 Tahoe dash kit in the Amazon search engine.

OP
OP
LBarrett_Z71

LBarrett_Z71

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
OP
OP
LBarrett_Z71

LBarrett_Z71

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I've been searching for some stuff and found a scosche GM09SR for a good deal. My Boss radio I have already has a remote input for steering wheel controls so I found a PAC SWI-Xv1 for a good deal as well. I'm on a tight budget right now, so...my question is will these interfaces work as well as those other suggested? What makes those others better than these I found?

Last edited:

aztecnavajo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i personally like the metra wiring harnesses because I've heard that the stock chimes come out of the small speaker the PAC units have instead of the actual truck speakers. I agree with Chiggy and thats exactly what i did with my Pioneer install, works like a charm and i still have the stock chimes, stock bose system and the stock alarm. well i added a viper alarm now but the stock alarm worked well when i had that.

Tahoebigdog03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got rid of the bose speakers and went jbl all the way round including aftermarket amp and can't be happier. Also complimented it with some nice 12 inch subs in the rear behind the 3rd row seats.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laurents10

Latest posts