03' LM7/L59 LS Series 5.3 Engine out of Suburban!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

89 chevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I aquired one of these motors, and I am planning on building it and putting it in my 03' Yukon. The motor was pulled out because the Catalytic Converter was plugged and it burn't up the one side of the motor causing it to burn lots of oil. I am going to have to bore the motor, and I am going to put higher compression pistons it it, and just wanted to know the best place to buy stuff from. I already have a comp cam, and cnc ported heads for this motor I was just unsure where to get pistons for this motor. I know it is a series of the LS style engines.

Thanks
Elliot

OP
OP

89 chevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone ever built one of these? Just wanting a little more info on the best combo's and what works best!

rich5368

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm in the planning phase of building one for an 86 camaro. I am planning on using the PRC stg 2.5 Heads and torquer v.2 cam from Texas speed. I like my power to be streetable and that cam peaks out at around 6200 rpms. Car Craft did a 5.3 build on a junkyard motor last month and with a cam and heads made 490 at the flywheel at 6800. At the 6k threshold that I want the made 460. Pretty respectable out of a junkyard 325 cu in motor. The truck intake manifold will build more torque low end than an LS intake. Hope I was some help.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kootamcgrabbin24