03+ footwell lights or 00+ LED footwell upgrades...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1fatho

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That link doesn't work for me. If it is an adhesive flex LED strip it will work. You just need to ensure the voltage which is (or better be, dont buy if it isnt) included in the schematics for every bulb. If it is not 12v, you will need to solder an appropriate (determined by the voltage) resistor in the + wire in between the
powersource and the light. You will only need one if you are going to run a wire from the ones in the front to the ones in the back.

You could always go reverse and run the wire under the trim that goes under the "step" panel in the door frame.

I have had nothing but good luck with superbrightleds.com with around $350 spent (thats interior sockets, exterior bulbs, and the vanity shit like this.)

Atreuce

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea I probably should've ordered through them... this place is in hong kong, so there's no telling if it's going to arrive anyway.

Thanks for the info!

Dcchronical1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Looks Great !!!

I did a similar Mod to my 02 Yukon... however i also chose a shorter route. I used a fuse tap plugged into the driver side fuse box. That gave me a power source. Then i got my ground wire by using the screw post inside the fuse box and ran the wires behind my dash console to both sides. My led strips work with my headlights because I used the illumination fuse. Note the fuse tap doesn't replace the existing fuse because it has a slot for two fuses at the top ( 1 for the fuse you unplugged and one for the new circuit<led lights I will post pics soon

mattvand

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did a similar Mod to my 02 Yukon... however i also chose a shorter route. I used a fuse tap plugged into the driver side fuse box. That gave me a power source. Then i got my ground wire by using the screw post inside the fuse box and ran the wires behind my dash console to both sides. My led strips work with my headlights because I used the illumination fuse. Note the fuse tap doesn't replace the existing fuse because it has a slot for two fuses at the top ( 1 for the fuse you unplugged and one for the new circuit<led lights I will post pics soon

Any progress?

Also, very stupid question (I am electrically ignorant), is the red + wire the power and the black - the ground?

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I used the 30cm smd 5050 strips...I got the set of 4 for 17.99 or so...

this is what we used for the strips, just search ebay there are tons of them. The 30cm lenght fits perfect for under the dash lip. Still got mine and no problems, since this started..

Good to see folks are still doing it. W/ all leds / foot wells, truck lights up inside like a stadium.. Very bright.

OP
OP
Physh1

Physh1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any progress?

Also, very stupid question (I am electrically ignorant), is the red + wire the power and the black - the ground?
Generally, 99% of the time, yes, red is + black is -...

Cameron

mattvand

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, Cameron. That is what I vaguely remember from long ago, but wanted to make sure.

mykon04

Reaction score
led footwell

I just completed this install I just bought the 5 meter roll of the smd led light strip it was 20 bucks and you can cut and solder to whatever length you need cuttable every three leds. I also removed the pin and soldered the connection very simple.
Great write up thanks for the info, Justin

mattvand

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any of you who have done this with the strips, have you used 1210, 3528 or 5050 leds and do you have pics.

Thanks in advance!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golavaman