02Yukon to Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mals

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Actually you do need the new brackets, since the calipers themselves are different as in bigger... The brackets come with the calipers in most cases.

Well, now I'm a little confused because these are the parts that @Knope has laid out in his photo:
He implied that all of these parts are installed and working well in NBS setup.

I agree that the ACDelco 18FR2246/47 assemblies appear to show the NNBS brackets included. These were already the assemblies I was planning to buy based on reading other 07+ upgrade threads. I was just looking at this thread for another reason, and came across the photo with the extra boxes of brackets and wondered why they were required in addition to the NNBS assemblies I already knew about.

Last edited:

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Knope will have to chime in, but I know from experience that the NBS brackets won't work with the NNBS calipers, and the 18FR2246/47's do come with the correct NNBS brackets.

OP
OP
Knope

Knope

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, now I'm a little confused because these are the parts that @Knope has laid out in his photo:
He implied that all of these parts are installed and working well in NBS setup.

I agree that the ACDelco 18FR2246/47 assemblies appear to show the NNBS brackets included. These were already the assemblies I was planning to buy based on reading other 07+ upgrade threads. I was just looking at this thread for another reason, and came across the photo with the extra boxes of brackets and wondered why they were required in addition to the NNBS assemblies I already knew about.

Either the shop used the brackets in the picture or the old brackets. He didn't mention any part not fitting/working, so I assume he used the new ones...I don't know how to differentiate between the two once installed.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Either the shop used the brackets in the picture or the old brackets. He didn't mention any part not fitting/working, so I assume he used the new ones...I don't know how to differentiate between the two once installed.
In the boxes with the 18FR2246 and 18FR2247 are calipers AND their brackets, so the shop must have kept the NBS brackets or thrown them away.

OP
OP
Knope

Knope

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In the boxes with the 18FR2246 and 18FR2247 are calipers AND their brackets, so the shop must have kept the NBS brackets or thrown them away.
Ahhh...either way, my setup is working. Thanks for the heads up.

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Actually you do need the new brackets, since the calipers themselves are different as in bigger. That's how you make the upgrade possible. The bigger brackets allow you to bolt up the bigger calipers. It's mentioned in most if not all of the threads on the subject. The brackets come with the calipers in most cases.

Yeah this is why everyone is told to make sure to purchase the "semi loaded" calipers at a minimum. They come with brackets.

mals

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ahhh...either way, my setup is working. Thanks for the heads up.
Did they at least give you back your original NBS calipers and brackets so you could get your core charge back since you purchased the NNBS assemblies? If not, I think they pocketed your ~$90 core charge, your $50 in extra new NBS brackets, and $15 worth of new NBS caliper bolts.

OP
OP
Knope

Knope

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did they at least give you back your original NBS calipers and brackets so you could get your core charge back since you purchased the NNBS assemblies? If not, I think they pocketed your ~$90 core charge, your $50 in extra new NBS brackets, and $15 worth of new NBS caliper bolts.
Yep. I still have the old brakes...not even bothering returning them since they were working well. I've got a nice area of shelving where I'm keeping my old parts in case I buy another NBS. Lots of ideas in this head.

OP
OP
Knope

Knope

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interior LEDs. So bright and white... It was a mod that I kept on the back-burner for too long. Once you see the difference, it's hard to imagine how anything less was tolerated.

Comparison of map lights. Left is new LED and right is halogen
HL8vm5.jpg

Puddle lights seemed to fit a bit more loosely than the stock ones, so I carefully wrapped some tin foil around the ends to make the connection more snug. You can pretty clearly see the dome lights through the tint as well...couldn't do that before.
B0pG2H.jpg
And here's a view from the back. Pitch black outside plus window tint...now the dome lights are worth turning on!
H9KtGW.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aye_rod